ICE FISHING ANYONE LONG POINT???????

CraigMatthew

HEYS GUYS ANY REPORTS AT ALL AROUND LONG POINT OR MITCHELLES BAY? WE ARE HEADING TO LAKE SIMCOE THIS WEEKEND
THANKS CRAIG

Jimmy walked out the channel at the old cut today, with the snow he decided not to venture any further. Some others were seen walking on other channels here on the point as well. These temperatures are definitely building ice. People could possibly be walking out on the Bay this weekend. But it all depends on the temperatures; the highs and the lows, the sun and the wind, lots of variables. He's planning on going out to drill some holes tomorrow. I will keep you posted. But remember ice fishing safety is ultimately up to the individual.

Stef

I saw some guys icefishing on a pond on the south side of the 401, just west of Woodstock today. Now in Thunder Bay. lots ofice here.

Cheerz, Clark

A good sign. Not good for my heating costs but great for me to get my lazy ass out on the ice and have a hot bowl of Deer or Rabbit stew, can't wait. My wife can't wait either, not for her to fish but to not have me stare out the window watching the water freeze. " hey doll there's 2 more feet of ice this morning!", "that's nice honey, is the golf course still closed?".

Jimmy went out about 1/2 mile and drilled some holes. Found 3.5 - 4 inches of nice clear ice. Note: There is a hole as always at the end of old cut.

Thanks for the update I walked out myslf today. Mild temp next week lets hope there wrong. I can wait to get out but nothings worth taking a hugh risk yet.
Thanks again
Craiger

Craig Mathew, let us know how Lake Simcoe goes. Im surprised there is ice already, with how windy it has been.

No ice on Simcoe yet had to go much further north to the cooch. 3,5 inches nothing but small ones getting very itchy but almost here.
take care everyone be safe
Craiger

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks