Ice Drama from Last Week

quote:
Originally posted by Stick

Amen! Elevatorman, Amen!

Stick

DSC00152.jpg

wow that was an interesting read humans make mistakes (without drugs and booze) glad to know people will still help when they can

quote:
Originally posted by easton

WOW! Is it ever interesting to read through all of the comments...especially from my perspective, a wife of one of the men whom had NO problem offereing services to some who needed it...who knows when it might be you?!

My husband really appreciates all the koodo's etc. it's not needed, but sure is nice to know that people are/would be thankful if it was there boots he was out looking for. :D

I am proud of ALL the people who had a giving enough character/resources/knowledge to help out....everyone one of those boys would go out no matter who was out or what reason. Let's just be thankful that we are lucky enought to have so many locals willing to lend a helping hand and not how unfortunate it is that they are needed.

Easton

Your Husband and the other men who went out to save these people are TRUE hero's and just like most hero's they sound very modest .I would personally like to say thank you to the guys so please pass it on to them that I say Thank You for being the stand up guys they are .
Shawn Beaumont

BTW if I ever get in trouble out there on the ice or soft water it is reasurring to know these men are close to the bay (hope it never happens)

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

I just noticed the post below in another thread from one of the harshest critics of the guys that had to be rescued. Better hope the pressure crack doesn't open up while you're out there or it could be a cold nite...;) Just sayin' is all...

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

just wondering if there are currently any pressure cracks in the bay and if they can be crossed with an atv towing a hut. might have to bring some planks with me :D

just saying starts stuff, lets end it? these people were idiots, yes we make mistakes but how long till we stop getting lost, if ice fishing gets this much publicity, old man dalton is going to find some way to make money off us, do i hear a useless safety test?

fishing,for some a hobby, for most an addiction

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh bassmaster gordon? I hope one day when you need help you get it without criticism. Kid, if you'd only seen half of the shyt I've seen 'out in the field'. LOL

Oh to be 16 again..............and know everything. Instead of 46 and still learning.:D

Stick

DSC00152.jpg

No doubt Stick! I had a teacher once tell me to keep my glass half empty so that I would always have room for more. Sounds like someones cup is overflowing ( and perfect to boot...rare combo). Pity.

"Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience". Denis Waitley

Regards
KJ

Exactly stick. It's so much more fun to learn hands on than to sit behind a computer screen and say "see, I told you so, that's what I read on the internet"!! Dudes, I've been on the ice and back in the bush with the wisest guys around and they all slip up once in a while. Remember, we are always learning. Always!

It's funny how people assume things when they hear about things that happen. The people that came off the ice where not intoxated in any way. They where very cold though.They didn't do anything wrong. They got confused on where they were and didn't trust what they were looking at. When they thought they were lost they stopped and call 911, gave gps coordinates which the phone company comfirmed though their cell phone call. The proper agencies were called. (always seems to be an overkill but each department has a role just in case of the unknown) The proper plan was put in place and everyone came home safe. The four people are human got lost but did the right thing when all is said and done.I know all this because I was part of the right agencies that were there. I also talked to the gentleman that was brought in at Old Cut, he to did the right thing by getting help when he needed it.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

The best bumper sticker I ever saw was "hire a teenager while they still know everything". :D

Paul

quote:
Originally posted by G.Mech

I just noticed the post below in another thread from one of the harshest critics of the guys that had to be rescued. Better hope the pressure crack doesn't open up while you're out there or it could be a cold nite...;) Just sayin' is all...

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

just wondering if there are currently any pressure cracks in the bay and if they can be crossed with an atv towing a hut. might have to bring some planks with me :D

getting reports on the bays current ice conditions is one step towards being prepared...kinda like checking the weather before heading out. if there was a crack and it was too risky to cross i'd need to look at a different area to launch from.

i prefer to keep myself out of hairy situations;)

blame it on me knowing it it, never did i say i knew it all, infact i said i learned from people didnt i? you guys are pushing the point across that any hoo haa can go out there get screwed and then have someone put their lives on the line to save them,bravo, i'm sure the rescuers really want to save every imbicile who finds themselves out there with a gps and cant find their way home, i mean come on guys, whats the point in defending this so much?

your point is we should help all fishermen novice or pro, but if you care so much about other fishermen, why are you argueing with some? are we idiots and know it alls? internet tough guys? thats no fair no ones an idiot, well unless you guys choose to bash them, i never thought this board was so hostile against opinions? i mean three seperate fellow fisherman got bashed by how many others? this topic has not discouraged me in the least from the forum,so if you were hoping that, too bad:(:D

what upsets me about this entire thing is that only a small handful of you have understood that a mistake was made and that these people are back home with there families! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!!

bass master gordon among a few others can sit back and call each and every person out there an idiot or whatever.alot of older guys have been relying on self knowledge for their entire life time and some people have a harder time figuring out new things,especially electronics! fact is,alot of people get lost,alot of people make mistakes and people have been ice fishing/fishing for many,many years and have never had electronics to navigate with.i dont care if your 16 or 60,you make mistakes and so did this party of 4,alcohol or drugs involved or not!! you are 16 and sound like you know the world and you probably know very little! let alone being a self proclaimed bass master that couldnt even work his own electronics on the ice last year.so before you rip someone for carrying out a piece of equipment they are unfamiliar with,think about your own experiences,life threatening or not!! even if its was there first outing with a gps,it takes practice to use one and im sure like you and your flasher,these guys will get some much needed practice and become familiar with it. in this day and age it is hard to get by with out some kind of electronic help but alot of us still go with out all the high end or expensive little gadgets.i dont own a gps or a flasher and i do just fine,actually better then alot of guys that have both..for the most part its self knowledge and common sense but just like any other human being,i can make a mistake! some bigger then others but we all make them and shouldnt be judged or ridiculed over them....you live,you learn and you learn some of your best life experiences by the mistakes you make!!

kudos to those who stepped up,helped these people when they needed it and to the ones that see the big and happy picture at the end of all this bullsh!t!

again, did i not say in the post before, i learn from people and i listen, again, i am voicing my opinion, not killing anyone, there are way more comments that could be bashed then me, dont go off because you dont agree with someone, so hostile man! never did i say i knew it all, and i was just voicing my opinion, wow, this is something, i know a little about the ice, enuf to off, so dont say i know nothing, go bash yourself, where did you come in on this? clear basher you are. but that doesnt spoil any thoughts about you with me,have a good one!

quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca

B-m-G:

First rule for one who finds himself in a hole: "STOP DIGGING!":)

This is the best post in the whole thread! LOL

Paul

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks