Ice Conditions

apps

Hey All , just wondering if anyone has been out checking ice on St Willy's side ? Itching to get out for a fresh perch dinner !..................apps

Had a reliable source e-mail me that he was out and found 4" of ice. Now that could have been 2' out from shore, so take it FWIW. If things hold together through this coming warm spell/rain, you may soon be able to scratch that itch. Be safe out there!

Only 4 months to go to get the Happy Pappy out of storage , come on April . Have already been adding new tackle for 2014 .
Tight Lines

Wife and kids!!!!!!!!!! send them out first!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Dont tell my wife I said that, she is still mad at me for buying my new ice hut ;);)

Well Son and I might have to stray to Mitchel's Bay tomorrow or Friday :whistle: :sorry: , herd they have 6" of good ice and even few perch being caught , things seem to be shaping up for a good year !!(y) I think we'll make it through the warm snap , we all know how the weather people are :confused:.............apps

Couldn't wait any longer to get out so me and the father in law headed out of st willys today. Walked approx 1 km or so out there found 3-1/2 - 4" of ice. Came acrossed a few slushy spots but other then that what little ice is out there is clear blue ice. Only caught a half dozen dinks and 4 around 8". My 5 year old son had a nice little snack! I'm not sure it would be very safe to take any bikes out. Hope this helps some of the guys wondering what she's like down there.

Couldn't wait any longer to get out so me and the father in law headed out of st willys today. Walked approx 1 km or so out there found 3-1/2 - 4" of ice. Came acrossed a few slushy spots but other then that what little ice is out there is clear blue ice. Only caught a half dozen dinks and 4 around 8". My 5 year old son had a nice little snack! I'm not sure it would be very safe to take any bikes out. Hope this helps some of the guys wondering what she's like down there.
That's a good start for this time of year....hopefully huts will appear on the bay sooner than later :)Thx for the report

Thanks for report G-man :) , hopefully things will be fine for a x-mas eve day fish ! (y)..............apps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks