Ice Conditions @oldcutmarina as of March 22, 2014.

oldcutmarina

Site Sponsor
Ice Conditions @oldcutmarina as of March 22th, 2014. 6"- 10" of Ice reported on the Bay. The Ice is Now becoming UNSAFE. Open Water is present in various locations. Colder temps will return this week refreezing open water, creating thin Ice. Both Winter Accesses at the Marina are becoming unstable, but still usable for Walkouts ONLY. For those "Brave Souls" who wish to Walkout, the Marina Parking Lots are still Open and R&R Outdoors has Minnows Available. Use Extreme Caution on the Bay, as conditions can change rapidly. The 911 Address for the Old Cut Marina Access is 90 Rogers Ave, Long Point ON. Play it Safe. Check out the "Old Cut Web Cam" for Live Views of the Bay!

Ice Conditions @oldcutmarina as of March 22th, 2014. 6"- 10" of Ice reported on the Bay. The Ice is Now becoming UNSAFE. Open Water is present in various locations. Colder temps will return this week refreezing open water, creating thin Ice. Both Winter Accesses at the Marina are becoming unstable, but still usable for Walkouts ONLY. For those "Brave Souls" who wish to Walkout, the Marina Parking Lots are still Open and R&R Outdoors has Minnows Available. Use Extreme Caution on the Bay, as conditions can change rapidly. The 911 Address for the Old Cut Marina Access is 90 Rogers Ave, Long Point ON. Play it Safe. Check out the "Old Cut Web Cam" for Live Views of the Bay!
O C M... Thank you for posting a descriptive post on conditions!!! i had a bad experience a couple years ago and will still blame outfitters for not at least posting any warnings watsoever on lake entrance about open water where they moved their huts to a different location... after sledding over a few open water holes the size of a city lot and thankfully gettin over it, i realized that not only can snowmobiles swim with enough speed but some operators couldnt care less about anyone out there that arnt renting their huts. Yes it was my fault!!! understood, but this is where a warning makes money cause im sending every one i know to O C M because i think they actully care about more than their wallet!!!! Thank You O C M....

Yes thanks George not for me but for those that headed out this winter. I was going to say past winter but I went through a white out on the Lakeshore Rd at 4:30 this aft. Nuts, it's just nuts. The webcams were great, hope you keep them up throughout the year.

@Black water Pooch, well said. I don't agree with you about operators not giving a damn about those other than the hut renters and it being their responsibility for posting ice conditions. It can be a liability thing as well. I post a sign saying the ice is safe, you go through a hole or crack I had no idea was there and you drown, the family sues for wrongful death because I said it was safe, now what? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Can't win today. I just don't agree, please don't hate me for a difference of opinion, long story.

If anyone looked at the Environment Canada marine reports this winter, to them it's basically never safe, talk about covering your butt.

Open water soon please!

Last edited:
O C M... Thank you for posting a descriptive post on conditions!!! i had a bad experience a couple years ago and will still blame outfitters for not at least posting any warnings watsoever on lake entrance about open water where they moved their huts to a different location... after sledding over a few open water holes the size of a city lot and thankfully gettin over it, i realized that not only can snowmobiles swim with enough speed but some operators couldnt care less about anyone out there that arnt renting their huts. Yes it was my fault!!! understood, but this is where a warning makes money cause im sending every one i know to O C M because i think they actully care about more than their wallet!!!! Thank You O C M....
Thanks Black Water Pooch appreciate your support! We always put safety FIRST at the Marina.

Yes thanks George not for me but for those that headed out this winter. I was going to say past winter but I went through a white out on the Lakeshore Rd at 4:30 this aft. Nuts, it's just nuts. The webcams were great, hope you keep them up throughout the year.

@Black water Pooch, well said. I don't agree with you about operators not giving a damn about those other than the hut renters and it being their responsibility for posting ice conditions. It can be a liability thing as well. I post a sign saying the ice is safe, you go through a hole or crack I had no idea was there and you drown, the family sues for wrongful death because I said it was safe, now what? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Can't win today. I just don't agree, please don't hate me for a difference of opinion, long story.

If anyone looked at the Environment Canada marine reports this winter, to them it's basically never safe, talk about covering your butt.

Open water soon please!
Hey there @WhatsthePoint, the webcams will be maintained throughout the year. Soon will change the views, but always have a LP Bay Feed. Plus would not want to disrupt @Fish Farmer's morning routine!

Took a drive to Normandale yesterday and was quite surprised to see all the open water. There is about 300yds of ice from shore out and then all open water.

Hey there @WhatsthePoint, the webcams will be maintained throughout the year. Soon will change the views, but always have a LP Bay Feed. Plus would not want to disrupt @Fish Farmer's morning routine!
Thanks Oldcut, that cam makes my morning coffee taste so much better.(y)
Only if there was such a thing that you can zoom in on guys fishing on the bay, only thing, there could be something that we don't want to see:eek::LOL:

Thanks Oldcut, that cam makes my morning coffee taste so much better.(y)
Only if there was such a thing that you can zoom in on guys fishing on the bay, only thing, there could be something that we don't want to see:eek::LOL:
Ohh, how true!!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks