Ice Cond.

apps

Hey All

Thinking of taken the ice shack down to St Willy tomorrow is it worth it ? It 's going to get cold again ! Been busy for the last 6 month with the addition on our house , so the jores are done and I get to play now................apps

Hey Apps, the ice still should be good out there. When I was out on Sunday there was around 8" of good ice out from st. willys, there is alot of deep snow drifts out there which can be a pain...I bet after today it will be slushy around shore, but that should freeze up quick with the cold temps on the way!

Hey Jwalsh.........Thanks for the info , not many people reporting on the fishing/ice cond. on St. Williams side ! Is no one fishing that side ? I understand the ice blow to the old cut side and they have more but for me it's a shorter drive coming St Thomas !

Cousin Deaker .........The hut will be there so all you have to do is get the trailer and bike and go , I know you can only go on the weekends and I have to work , but might as well use it , that what it's there for ! I let you know where the key is for it ............apps

Apps...There are alot of huts out infront of st. williams now, just the fishing has been slow so thats why there hasnt been to many reports. The ice is good out there now, just have to find the jumbos!

Thanks Apps...Let me know the GPS headings too if you have them..Hope its not like our last trip out there..Remember the copper's giving us a ticket....HA HA HA

Well , are trip taken the hut down wasn't the best trip we ever had , got stuck in a slush pocket going out , didn't see a darn fish , and broke a runner on the hut on the way in . There is 6" -8" of ice but can't get out to far because of pressure crack (about 3/4 - 1 mile)anyway be back down friday to repair hut . I think it will be better in a week or two ! Can only get better form here on out !!!!!!!....................apps

Thanks for the update bow_man_1_2_3 too bad though that your day of Fishing was SLOW,(4 dinks all day).I had planned to go out this morning,but with your report and others not reporting good fishing also,I will save the gasoline for more better days of fishing ahead.The fishing should only get better soon,the Fish haved to eat sometime.8D

RED FISH

New to the site. Looks like lot of good info. Thank you for letting me join. One question on the pressure cracks. I have hut booked for saturday at grangers, should I be cancelling the booking and go another day.

Rob McGahan

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks