Fishing Report I think it was Monday again

Trevor M

Dropped my wife off at work and headed to the pier this morning. Got there at 6:45am. Darren and his daughter were there already, so I sat beside Darren again. It was actually busier today when I got there than it has been any other day I've gone, but still, not as busy as I've seen it in the past.

All kinds of minnows around, but really, there wasn't a lot happening to be honest. Mostly sheephead on the east side and off the end of the pier, a few small (6"-7") yellow perch periodically on the east side. The occasional small white perch and the occasional small silver bass and of course the gobies.

One person who I haven't seen this year until this morning left with 9 when he called it a day about 20 minutes before I did. Ken was there again as well, he left with 3 yellows.

They were on the smaller side today. I fished from 6:45am until 3:15pm and came home with 6 yellows (7-8") I did not see one yellow today bigger than 8" I also got to remove 2 gobies from the lake today.

I'll be going back on Friday morning MUCH earlier than I've been able to get down through the week. (My wife doesn't work on Friday's so I can get up and leave earlier than I can Mon-Thurs.)

Dropped my wife off at work and headed to the pier this morning. Got there at 6:45am. Darren and his daughter were there already, so I sat beside Darren again. It was actually busier today when I got there than it has been any other day I've gone, but still, not as busy as I've seen it in the past.

All kinds of minnows around, but really, there wasn't a lot happening to be honest. Mostly sheephead on the east side and off the end of the pier, a few small (6"-7") yellow perch periodically on the east side. The occasional small white perch and the occasional small silver bass and of course the gobies.

One person who I haven't seen this year until this morning left with 9 when he called it a day about 20 minutes before I did. Ken was there again as well, he left with 3 yellows.

They were on the smaller side today. I fished from 6:45am until 3:15pm and came home with 6 yellows (7-8") I did not see one yellow today bigger than 8" I also got to remove 2 gobies from the lake today.

I'll be going back on Friday morning MUCH earlier than I've been able to get down through the week. (My wife doesn't work on Friday's so I can get up and leave earlier than I can Mon-Thurs.)
Thanks for your update @Trevor M wether it’s good or bad,today it was bad!! lol 😆 just kidding my friend,😉 and I can sense that you will have a better perch catching day this Friday,because for starters,you will be there much earlier you said,then you were today,because you had to drop your wife off to work first this morning. Tight lines &
Perch ON!! for you this Friday!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Thanks for your update @Trevor M wether it’s good or bad,today it was bad!! lol 😆 just kidding my friend,😉
Still had a good day. Despite using sunblock, I still got a sun burn on my neck that my wife gave me hell for :ROFLMAO: Saw some people I enjoy socializing with while doing something we all enjoy. Better than sittin here at home wishin I was fishin while I was doing that other stuff around here I don't wanna do, or that I can at least put off for a couple days ;)

As for you sensing I'll have a better day on Friday Red because I can get there considerably earlier than I can the rest of the week, all I can say to that is.....we'll see....... but I hope you're right :)

Despite the "better" success I had last week compared to the 2 weeks prior, or this week so far, I know that it's still very early in the season and knowing that helps when I have days like today where although there were some fish being caught, it was really slow, and by noon the bite, what little of it there was, had died off completely, so much so that when I left, there was only 1 person left on the entire pier and he'd left earlier and had just come back to try again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks