Off Topic I-pilot for V2 Minn Kota

I have one. Most finicky trolling motor I ever used. Works sometimes other time it wont. Loses connection with remote constant and foot pedal no better . I always had higher end minn kotas but cheaped out and went with this POS. Next one is a motor guide. Not recommended.

I added one to a terrova that came on my new boat: Got it on clearance. It worked perfectly for half of 2017 and all of last season. I can’t see why it wouldn’t great again this year. The kit was super easy to install.

Hey jerkbait. Did you ever use the unit before ipilot? With just the foot pedal? Because mine works flawlessly with the pedal.
Yes used it before and it had issued. Broke gear inside drive. Fixed under warranty. I mainly use remote now but that is temperamental even. Battery power indicator quit working too. Only 2 years old. Loved the old cable operated minn kota. Rugged and reliable

That's too bad really. I bought mine used at a great price and has worked flawlessly. One thing I want to change are the cables for the battery. Much too small for the unit.

does anyone know if there is a Mini Kota service agent in the area. I'm also experiencing a few issue and wouldn't mind having them take a look at it.
TIA
Moo

I recently discovered a kit you can buy for your v2 to turn it into a gps unit. Everything a normal ipilot has but just bolts onto your unit. Anyone tried this? Fairly cheap. Under $500 cad which is a lot cheaper than buying a full on new unit. Pros cons? Thanks.

Here's a link

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdo...ing-motor/i-pilot-system-legacy-powerdrive-v2
Hey Waldo, I added this kit to my V2 Minn Kota last year. I love it and it works great. Use mine alot to steer the boat when trolling for walleye.

Hey Waldo, I added this kit to my V2 Minn Kota last year. I love it and it works great. Use mine alot to steer the boat when trolling for walleye.
Where did you end up buying yours from? Is it worth shopping around for price wise or will it be fairly close all the way around?

Good info, I am also looking to install on my V2 this summer.

I can attest to the foot pedal problems but for me it was my own abuse with the cord shorting out where it comes out of the pedal. Just got a co pilot this morning hooked up, should be a good addition while I wait for the ipilot in the summer

Good info, I am also looking to install on my V2 this summer.

I can attest to the foot pedal problems but for me it was my own abuse with the cord shorting out where it comes out of the pedal. Just got a co pilot this morning hooked up, should be a good addition while I wait for the ipilot in the summer
What's co pilot?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks