huron tribs

:Dhello josh im so much in fav.. of your thoughts //for any one to harvest fish from streaMS that are at a critical low for water is not a good fishermans choice //one thing i told you was the way the fishermen who visit youngs creek wearing polaroids to spot the fish gezzz bunch of bobos //ive monitored many snaggers on that creek //the best is like on the grand no can see work ur a////''ssof mabey get one mabey not smurf and i enjoy true fishing //.and i will not brodcast fishing so called hot spots //like on the bay harvested some perch was aproached by a gruffy fisherman wered ya get them i replied in the water out there i put an x on the water for future referance i dont owe him or any one else info that i have go find em ur self .. any ways ill be up soon for a visit before i hit the grand and bend more hooks lol

once again greed rears its head I love eating trout so what if I keep 1. I paid a licence fee and the regs. say I may keep 1 2 or 5 whatever the area you are fishing. like on the saugeen I fish with spinners and a float fisherman said to me you cant fish around me like that lol did I mention I was kickin his ass lol. everyone needs a little help. as far as the secret perch spot wow this takes the cake. go fight with the netters not the average joe on here grow up quit trying to be better than anyone else. there is only one supreme being and your not it.

^^^WOW at the last 2 posts! I give valid arguments based on scientific facts and a wealth of personal experience and get responses like that!? Lol!

Bobo, seeing you're appetite for information sharing I would like to extend the offer of a day of Steelheading your way. I can guarantee the information shared will be invaluable in your future steelheading endeavors, more than you could learn on here in years.....

Josh

Wow over 1800 reads and only 26 replies to this topic and people wonder why the small streams like Youngs get over fished, too many lazy fishermen out there these days. I think a lot of the smaller streams should be shut down the end of September with an extended season on the bigger ones like the Grand, Big Creek, Big Otter etc.Also a little common sense on naming specific spots on the creek would help. I know this is an information sharing forum but what is wrong with saying what bait, time of day, water/weather conditions etc the day you were out and leave it at that. If you don't have the where with all to find your own honey hole then you might as well fish at the grocery store. As far as fishing on the Bay do you really think the fish stay in one spot? They move to where the food is,so look for the signs like waterfowl,minnows,structure etc. I guarantee you will learn more and become a more informed fisherman by your own trial and error. I agree that keeping fish to eat is not a crime and should not be treated as such by the die hard catch and releasers, however common sense should prevail and only keep what you are going to eat. People that snag, catch more than their limit and keep going back for more should be charged and fined to the max but sadly only a small portion will be caught due to the lack of conservation officers. This is our fishery to protect and sustain folks so if things go for a crap we have no one to blame but ourselves. Like Fisherman said the fish are in the water.... go find em.

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Roelofsen

^^^WOW at the last 2 posts! I give valid arguments based on scientific facts and a wealth of personal experience and get responses like that!? Lol!

Josh, scientific facts - your way off base!!!!! How many letters have you sent to the MNR of Both Ontario and the surrounding States thanking them for killing the fishery? Ontario - Splake and Atlantic Salmon rearing and the States for introducing Pacific salmon that almost cleaned out the entire forage base of the Great Lakes. Maybe you should listen to Cronzy who said it best - trout/salmon do not imprint the stream/river if they are released out in the lake. Likely this is why we don't see much return of spawning fish. Your wealth of knowledge isn't worth a plug nickel. By the way stop saying Steelheading as it is really a RAINBOW - no genetic difference. Luckily fishing is outdoors as you and a few other Gurus couldn't get your EGOS inside....

Wojo

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

What did your response have to do with reproductive or harvest rates, particulary those of Steelhead?

What does the failed Splake and Atlantic programs have to do with this thread?

I think I see where your going with the statent about Salmon eating themselves out of house and home, not that I fully agree with that theory (environmental factors including a shortage of Diporea, the Alewives major food source, is more to blame IMO) but I can tell you the Alewife crashes on Michigan and Huron has had little effect on species other than Chinook. As I'm sure you are aware, Chinook were introduced originally to control the Alewife population anyway so maybe we should be recognizing their introduction as a success?

Yes it is useless to stock fish in a lake and expect them to return to a specific stream, again I'm not sure how that fits in with this thread?

As for the Steelhead vs Rainbow debate, both are acceptable terms for the migratory form of the species in question.

Josh

I read the threads concerning c&r and how some of you think that clamming up and telling anglers to find them yourselves is a constructive way of protecting our fishery...well maybe you should contact Darryl Choronzy or "Cronzy" and tell him he should be ashamed of info sharing...the tackle stores who give you everything you need but the fish...having people fish and be interested in steelheading is a good thing that can only promote the interest and vulnerability of the fishery...when there is idiots breaking the laws and poaching or fishing illegally, we as a liscenced fisherman should report these dorks...be smart though and set them up if u see them and take pics....most do not know they are doing it and some are but in my personal experience, steelheading since '86 I confronted two and literally wathced the illegal fishing and informed them of what they were doing...they were astonished and had no idea and f'd off cause they were scared. You cant keep liscenced anglers off the rivers and you can't take the approach of info sharing as a total negative either. Poaching is like rape yes but interest spawns success

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

Josh, thanks for the offer to go rainbow fishing. I' m very confident that I will be able to show you a thing or two also. As soon as the graph hits 1.2 we should head north for a friendly tourney.

and as a complete steelhead noob, i could tag along to learn from both of you? :D

I have to sympathize with yellow fever ,walleye5 and bobo.
I don't think anyone expects exact postings on this forum of spots on creeks to go to (it would be a disaster) but to go to the point of saying to someone who individually asks" the fish are out in the water" is ignorant.
I have helped anyone who asks and given directions to the best of my ability on the lake(although one posting here was inaccurate by mistake).
We are all out to enjoy the experience.

I have followed josh's comments on this site as well as GBO for a long time. I can attest that he is a knowledgeable steelheader with a lot of expereince. He is also very passionate about the fishery.It has been my experiene, that the more steelheading one does, the more they pracitce catch and release and become commited to ensuring the future of the fishery. Bobo, I wouldn't put money on yourself if you do challenge him to a tournament.

quote:
Originally posted by jordy

I have followed josh's comments on this site as well as GBO for a long time. I can attest that he is a knowledgeable steelheader with a lot of expereince. He is also very passionate about the fishery.It has been my experiene, that the more steelheading one does, the more they pracitce catch and release and become commited to ensuring the future of the fishery. Bobo, I wouldn't put money on yourself if you do challenge him to a tournament.

Thanks Bud![:I]

no interest in a challenge here, I have nothing to prove to anyone.....I enjoy putting fish on the bank as much as anyone but will never claim to be a better angler......

I'm outta here.....this site really needs a few more members willing to particaipate in INTELLIGENT discusion rather than contributing aimless rants and name calling. Some posting guidlines would help to......

Feel free to bash away!

Josh

Josh,
yes ALL STOCKED FISH WE RAISE GO INTO THE BAYFIELD, we put them in 5 feeder creeks ,this year we put them int 3 cause of water levels, kept them longer than normal and released them last weekend. PLEASE join the club. email me if you want more info,[we dont fin clip cause we dont have the man power to take that much time]
I didn t realize a friend asking me a simple question would get so much attention, some should take up knitting cause you know nothing about trout fishing ,most of us C&R by the way.

just wondered if there is any piers or docks where u can sit and fish for trout, have fished bayfield to niagara falls but because of health issues that is no longer possible any help is appreciated

quote:

I would go toe to toe with Josh, so he knows a little bit of trout lingo.Nobody catches more trout than me NOBODY!

OK Bobo are you just a smartazz or on drugs I can't tell LOL

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

quote:
Originally posted by davecattell

just wondered if there is any piers or docks where u can sit and fish for trout, have fished bayfield to niagara falls but because of health issues that is no longer possible any help is appreciated

Hi, I sent you an email from this site, if you didn't get it let me know

jweilgosh@odyssey.on.ca

quote:

Both

LOL I hope you are as successful at trolling on the water as you are on the net , Just go easy on us steelheaders were a sensitive bunch :p

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks