Hunting report

Nice job!

But, I highly recommend avoiding taking such low percentage and high risk shots in the future. I don't think you realize how lucky you were to kill that deer with that shot.

Anyone else notice the lack of fat? Usually by November they have a nice layer built up.
Yessir I do realize that risk. It was $100% God showing me faithful again. As i stated I had 1 piece of beef in the freezer. Don't wanna get spiritual on ya or nothing. But I gotta give credit where credit is due. Hopefully I don't have a to take a shot like that ever again. For only being a yearling I was impressed at the amount of fat on her.

Yessir I do realize that risk. It was $100% God showing me faithful again. As i stated I had 1 piece of beef in the freezer. Don't wanna get spiritual on ya or nothing. But I gotta give credit where credit is due. Hopefully I don't have a to take a shot like that ever again. For only being a yearling I was impressed at the amount of fat on her.

Think whatever you want, but there are no excuses for taking such a shot, especially with a bow and over a month left of the bow season. You didn’t have to take that shot, you chose to risk wounding an animal to satisfy your own needs. Quite sad really.

I highly doubt your family was going to starve....

Think whatever you want, but there are no excuses for taking such a shot, especially with a bow and over a month left of the bow season. You didn’t have to take that shot, you chose to risk wounding an animal to satisfy your own needs. Quite sad really.

I highly doubt your family was going to starve....

I don't mind that shot and don't find it to be a low percentage shot - I would and have taken that shot at least twice and both of those deer died within sight.

Congrats @Minnownite! Don't let s@#$t talkers get you down, the internet is getting worse with those who feel its neccessary to tell YOU how to do things or where you went wrong, even though what you did was 100% legal and well within your rights. Sometimes its not worth posting your results cause all you'll get is garbage from the keyboard cowboys of the world. Keep your head up and God bless?

I don't mind that shot and don't find it to be a low percentage shot - I would and have taken that shot at least twice and both of those deer died within sight.
I seen @Toad shoot a nice buck with a shot like that which didn't go 30 yards and I have done it before also. I like them broadside that's ideal but that shot was just as leathal if not more. If @Minnownite has to wait for the absolute perfect shot every time he won't be killing many deer during his lifetime hunting them. ??

I seen @Toad shoot a nice buck with a shot like that which didn't go 30 yards and I have done it before also. I like them broadside that's ideal but that shot was just as leathal if not more. If @Minnownite has to wait for the absolute perfect shot every time he won't be killing many deer during his lifetime hunting them. ??
Yes Robert I remember that buck. I have taken many bucks the same way I will continue to take that shot when necessary. I would prefer broadside but that is not always available. Just know your limits and be a responsible bow hunter and enjoy the outdoors

Don't shoot don't get. I've shot smaller and it was yummie. And yes I prefer the dumb ones that stand sideways and pose but some times you just take the shot you get. If it only went 30 yards then perfect shot. I've had heart shot deer go farther.

Minnownite, great deer, and you'll remember it always? My first was a button buck, opening morn about 100yrs ago, maybe not that long ago, but close? Gramp's farm, sitting on a 2x4 in a apple tree on a foggy morning, looking back, must have looked like a orange pumpkin in a tree?
58 cal BP, Italian knock off, iron sites, what a offill gun? Shot @ 15 yrd's maybe, full in the face, what a ugly site, but I was a deer hunter. My hunting skills have came a long way since then, but showing long past Gramps my first deer, probably be my best?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks