Hunting Past the Cottages

griffin_owen98

I have been to the unit a great many times over the last number of years utilizing the public lottery system, DIY Zone B, and accessing Big Rice and Little Rice Bay. I was wondering if anyone had information on the regulation of hunting past the LPC Marsh. I am confused about the zoning past the Willow/Sawlog Creek Points, of the National Wildlife area, and of the Hunt Camps in Gravelly Bay. I have never hunted where I was the least bit worried about legality just wondering if any die hards head out to these areas and have more information.

I'll reply to myself I guess, after some research and talking to locals there is a passage during high water/beach to cross in order to get access to the public end of Long Pond. Can anyone confirm this?

Hunt anywhere's you want once outside the Pottahawk bar. Require's reliable big water equipment and the common sense to stay out of CWS and other private properties. No limits as to how many meters you need to be within shore once in the outer bay...

The only piece of land open to the public is the very tip of Long Point where the lighthouse is , everything else is private clubs or CWS as stated above by Mudcat. I am not sure if they post signs but I should think they are legally obligated to. Again as stated already it would take big gear to travel and hunt down at the tip but I would guess there would be decent diver shooting to be had. If you do a trip this Fall give us a report back ? As for me ? If I'm going to get skunked I'll get skunked closer to home. LoL !

Hello Guys,

I was out to the "point" fishing last week ... beyond the lighthouse ... there were CWS signs all along their property line in the outer bay.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks