How to fillet a walleye, cheeks and wings

I'd heard of it, I just haven't caught any walleye to try it :(

Excatly how I have always done mine... Lots of meat and if done right no bones in the fillett.... Best way for sure

I've been preaching about Walleye Wings since my June 18, 2015 Post IT'S NEAR TIME FOR DELICIOUS WALLEYE WINGS
http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/it’s-near-time-for-delicious-walleye-wings.29081/
and my July 7, 2017 Post DO WALLLEYE HAVE WINGS? THEY SURE DO! http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/in...ye-have-wings-they-sure-do.57690/#post-129072

As long as someone is still Posting about them it's getting the word out. Thx rockin-steelhead

Last year I even contacted the Ontario Commercial Fisheries' Assoc.and all the Walleye fish processors I cound find trying to get across to them that this is an edible resouce they wasting by the ton. They do save the Cheeks which can be found at fish markets here, why not the Wings. I didn't get one reply.

I even contacted Purdy Fisheries who have 2 Fish and Chip Restaurants, 1 in Sarnia and 1 in Grand Bend and Herbert Fisheries who also have 2 Fish and Chip Restaurants, 1 in Sudbury and the other in Killarney with not a reply.

A Canadian Company called Freshwater Cuisine (Walleye Wings Inc) started their Company in 2016 starting out with packaged ready to serve Walleye Wings Original and Cajun. They are in several Restaurants and and drinking establishments which sell them as Appetizers. In 2016 they were nominated for Innovative Small Business of the Year, as well as the 2016 New Business Award. In January of 2017 Walleye Wings Inc was nominated for two of the Kenora and District Chamber of Commerce annual awards. This company has been feaured on several News Programs and in Magazine Articles.

If this Company can take Walleye Wings mainstream up North, why isn't the Ontario Commercial Fisheries' Assoc.and all the Walleye fish processors looking into the feasibility of adding Walleye Wings to their Product List.

For those of you that cook your Wings, you know how delicious they are, it's to bad the OCFA and the Walleye Processors are not utilizing them. What a wasted resource.

EAT YOUR WINGS

Always enjoyed the cheeks and heard of the wings but never tried it. I better get some eyes this year to try it out.

we've been eating cheeks and wings for 25 years....they are the appetizer to every shorelunch!! My bud Kevy makes sure if anyone in the camp doesn't want to go to the effort of keeping cheeks and wings, he's more than happy to go down to the fish shack and clean them up. Nothing better.

I am from the east coast and cod cheeks and wings are also a delicacy and do not go to waste. Though on cod fish, they can be much larger. And I would add, cheeks and wings are very good eating from both fish. I am surprised he did not take the tongue as well as the tongue is more of a delicacy than the cheeks.

Ven

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks