Off Topic How deep 200' of weighted steel goes at 2.5 mph?

Centerspin

I had a spool of it for a while (45 lb Torpedo), got a spare reel and thinking of finally trying it. I was reading it can reach 80 ft on a turn but just not sure if its true. Those who tried it, how deep do you think it really dives at 2.5 - 3.0 mph and does it really raise or sink quick on a turn?

It runs at about about ~32-35ft down at 3.0 MPH and ~37 at 2.5 MPH speeds ignoring currents (!). This is the most successful rod amongst all my setups during end of april / may / half of june (along with 7-color lead core, equally splitting the fame).

Be very careful about how you terminate the weighted steel, and you need at least Penn 30 or Okuma 45 to get it on. I tried getting it on Okuma 30 and it basically fills the spool with very little space for backing.

Thank you VMuravin, I knew you use it and was hoping for your opinion. It is way shallower then the guy who fished it on GB told me and makes more sense. I have it on Okuma 45 at the moment with 450 ft of 65 lb basspro braid backing and it is about 2/3 spool full. I was thinking of trying Okuma 30 , will post here what happens. I have it terminated with small swivels and heatshrink tubes. Looks ugly but it passes the Okuma linefeeder no problem. Do you use it with small inline board like Church Walleye board or it needs a big one like TX22?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks