Off Topic How are the boats in Glasgow

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Any news of any damage to the boats in Glasgow marina?

I went down this morning to check mine, and adjusted a few ropes, ( they're tugging and stretching) Tightened up few on Rodsquads as it was bouncing around quite a bit and added my spare bouy to his rear dockside corner.
The boat beside his had broken the spring line and I noticed a good spare on the floor of his boat so I climbed aboard and used it for a spring line. The wooden bow had been bumping into the wall.
All boats were sasheying around pretty good, but I didn't see any that had come loose. This heavy bouncing and tugging on ropes will take its toll on some likely.

I went down this morning to check mine, and adjusted a few ropes, ( they're tugging and stretching) Tightened up few on Rodsquads as it was bouncing around quite a bit and added my spare bouy to his rear dockside corner.
The boat beside his had broken the spring line and I noticed a good spare on the floor of his boat so I climbed aboard and used it for a spring line. The wooden bow had been bumping into the wall.
All boats were sasheying around pretty good, but I didn't see any that had come loose. This heavy bouncing and tugging on ropes will take its toll on some likely.
Good to know Bev. Port Stanley did not fair as well as Glasgow did. Lots of damage to boats as well as docks etc.

That's because they're on a river, like Burwell and Bruce and the sudden increase in depth and velocity can cause havoc pretty quick. I hope that not too many suffer damage from this but every one needs to check.

That's because they're on a river, like Burwell and Bruce and the sudden increase in depth and velocity can cause havoc pretty quick. I hope that not too many suffer damage from this but every one needs to check.
Fortunately the level in Port Bruce has dropped about a foot and a half since noon, looks like the worst is over (knock on wood)

my cousins husband had his boat sink in high water at Port Bruce less then a dozen years ago..some of catfish creeks spring thaws have caused havoc on that port with flooded propertys feb/Mar 2019

I use to dock at stanley for a few seasons in the mid 80s .until thieves come in one night and cleaned out several boats for equipment.. including my locked trolling motor..that was enough docking for me..lol

The harbour on the webcam looks settled down right now. Never thought to look yesterday but I bet it was wild in that channel.
Screenshot (28).png.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks