HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

YESTERDAY WAS DEFINETLY THE DAY TO FISH , AFTER OLD LAKE ERIE HAD HER DAY WE HAD OURS . THE WIND SHIFTED AROUND TO THE NORTH ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND KNOCKED DOWN THAT SOUTH WIND INTO A PERFECT WALLEYE CHOP. WAS GREAT TO SEE A LOT OF FIRST TIMERS OUT TO THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS WAS MY GOAL AT A LOW ENTRY PRICE. WE HAD 7 FIRST TIME TOURNEY BOATS . AND THEY ALL CAUGHT THE BUG .

THE BITE WAS DEFINETILY DIFFICULT FOR EVERYONE AFTER THE BIG BLOW ON SATURDAY AND THE COLD FRONT TO ACCOMPANY IT .

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK HOOVERS FOR HOSTING THIS EVENT AND ALL OF THE STAFF FOR HELPING OUT WITH REGISTRATIONS AND ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT .

GREAT WAY TO END THE YEAR OF OUR FAVOURITE PAST TIME CHASING THEM GOLD BARS. SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR .

HERE ARE THE RESULT FROM THE HOOVERS SHOOTOUT

1st #119 MIKE SIMON/ DOCK 4 41.43 BIG FISH 9.15
2nd #11 SCOTT MISNER/ EYES ON THE LINE 40.17
3rd #14 TEAM CLEARWATER/ CHRIS GREEN 39.20

4th #10 CHASIN EYES BRAD BOYKO 38.30
5th #2 RED ROCKET/ TERRYSOUSA 37.74
6th #3 TEAM ENVIOUS/ COREY EVANS 36.82
7th #5 BOYAH BOYS/ DARREN DREHEMER 36.66
8th #15 WET DREAM MANUEL FRESCO 34.95
9th #22 JEFF MCMILLAALN / SPRTSMAN 34.85
10th #16 TYLER BOS /EYE SPY 34.70
11th #1 GAME ON / KEVIN BRUNT 34.36
12th #4 TEAM BEATIE/WILLIAM BEATTIE 34.19
13th #20 SHENNAIGAN SLAYERS 30.20
14th #7 HIGH SOCIETY/ MARCUS OLIVER 8 24.34
15th #9 ROD DAVIAULT/ RD MASONARY 24.24

u seen that blast off with 22 boats now imagine the 444 with 100 boats lining up outside the pier lol. 2 days free rv parking for tourney guys. Dock slip included. Very good event as well an worth looking into for next season. Good job by all that placed in the money well done . To bad u guys knocked me out of the money by 1 spot on box an big fish lol.

Awesome pics Boyko thanks for posting . i will definitely be looking ino the 444 Tourney next year. Congrats on your finish 4 th is much better than we did. Get em next year!

For us it was harness's on riggers, 4 big dipsys out the back an 2 200 coppers running on boards. We fished deep for them. Straight out of nanticoke little to the east 90 ft. Screen full of bait an hooks all day

Hopefully I can enter next year! I have a feeling it is going to be a long while before I have a non-sports weekend with the kids... great to hear it was a good tournament!

Watch for the nets. My driver for the day pretty well ran into 1. Hit neutral as bow came to white jugs an reeled in quick as we could. Only lost 1 harness on the copper. He doesn't fish much to know what nets are an the tug set a net in our troll area we were running all morning. There's a few to the east

As tournament rookies we weren't expecting the sort of results we had but once we found the fish it was game on. We had hits all through the water column but the bigger fish came from down deep. No consistant pattern as 7 of 8 rods took shots on body baits, harnesses and others. Purple was the boss. We were fortunate to add a few above average fish to round out our box. My crew had a blast and it was nice to see the numbers of fish for this time of year. Nanticoke has been stellar all season. Thanks to all the organizers.

Pics were takin from a plane lol. Every year a plane flys over the blast off then goes out an gets everyone's boat well fishing an sells at the weigh in

Sorry I read 444 and thought Nanticoke. The strut on the wing looked like a rusty handrail. The view from the platform at Hydro is about as high.

For anyone interested king of the lake series is coming back to Erie! Top gun an king of the lake will be all based on the 4 big tourneys

There's gonna be a run on laundry baskets soon.... :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks