Holy Moses these are hot

hvyhaul

Yesterday I said to The Wife, "when you go up to the market, can you please get me some jalapenos so I can make some poppers?

Well she wanted to surprise me and made them for me while I was out on Erie.

hotwow.jpg

These suckers are on fire. 🌶️🌶️🌶️:eek:🥵🚒

Nice looking stuffing- what did she use?
I like cutting off the tops, pulling out the seeds and veins with a spoon and then stuffing them with my taste of the day feta and diced garlic, a sprinkle of oregano or basil and lemon is killer then BBQ, awesome with a cold beer after a day on the water.

Nice looking stuffing- what did she use?
I like cutting off the tops, pulling out the seeds and veins with a spoon and then stuffing them with my taste of the day feta and diced garlic, a sprinkle of oregano or basil and lemon is killer then BBQ, awesome with a cold beer after a day on the water.

Very simple, Philadelphia Cream Cheese and crumbled bacon.

Not sure if the seeds and membranes were removed. I was fishing. LOL

They were baked in the oven.

Removing the seeds help calm them down but it may be the strain of seed they grew from ? I've picked some and they were like candy and other years tasted like Scotch Bonnets ,,, AY CARUMBA ! This years batch is HOT but not insanely hot.

The house was full of family when I got home yesterday, and I am the only person who has been eating them.

Sissys, all of them.
@hvyhaul These do look awesome and I'm sure a couple of eaters from this household would have helped you gobble them up. I planted a few varieties of peppers as part of my intro-to-gardening year and @stomp asked which ones were hot. I said none... much to his disappointment.

If @stomp is really heart broken @Mrs. Stomp I still have a ton of peppers to go through.

It looks like The Wife had to buy a pallet of them as the smallest amount available.

Pretty sure I can spare one or two of them. LOL

If @stomp is really heart broken @Mrs. Stomp I still have a ton of peppers to go through.

It looks like The Wife had to buy a pallet of them as the smallest amount available.

Pretty sure I can spare one or two of them. LOL
Hey @hvyhaul I got a couple simple pickling recipes for peppers that work really well if you find yourself faces with more peppers than the system can handle in such a short period of time Johhny Cash wrote the song around this time of year, I believe.....

Hopefully these are readable if not let me know

Attachments

• 20210908_173011.jpg
    20210908_173011.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210908_172927.jpg
    20210908_172927.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210908_172855.jpg
    20210908_172855.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210908_172848.jpg
    20210908_172848.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 9
Quick glance, I can read all of them, thanks @spincast .

Looks like I have some pickling to do this weekend.

Sure doesn't look like I will be fishing.

I also pickle the jalepenos with the veins and seeds using the recipe for the strips, in slices works great and awesome on tacos, pizza or whatever. I will mix it up adding in some habaneros for extra heat, or yellow Hungarians for a milder mix.. awesome on homemade pizza or with beers during football season

I have shocked the people at Harvey's etc when they finally realize how many hot peppers I want on my burger. LOL

Im a HUGE spice fan.....if you want to pickle something with heat try adding the heat to a brine for pickled carrots 🤤 I'm not a fan of pickled foods at all but hot pickled carrots are the bomb 💣

Some of my sauces...
20210921_234809.jpg20210921_234831.jpg

Im a HUGE spice fan.....if you want to pickle something with heat try adding the heat to a brine for pickled carrots 🤤 I'm not a fan of pickled foods at all but hot pickled carrots are the bomb 💣

Some of my sauces...
View attachment 50131View attachment 50132
Ffs now I've got to try them!! I've tried many picked taeats but never carrots no matter how many ton I have access to

😂 Was exactlyy thought when my buddy pulled out a jar of them!? Carrots!? What! Pickled? Then realized they are the perfect crisp pickled snack....most recipes call for pepper flakes, jalepeno, habernaro, Serrano or birds eye etc.....spicing it up with ghost, reaper flakes works too...

Some of my sauces...
View attachment 50131View attachment 50132
Pickled Carrots will now be my first go at 'pickling'. I've done jams and salsa but never anything pickled. I'll likely be able to fit our entire harvest of garden-grown carrots into 1 jar unless they have a major growth spurt over the next couple of weeks. This is the result of me planting an entire package of carrots into a small space plus not enough thinning. I'm ready to do it differently for next year's planting with tips from the 6-8 crew... live and learn :giggle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks