hittin Burwell tomorrow

FrankReynolds

Looks like it should be decent tomorrow so im gonna make the trip!! Gonna try and get some of those eyes you guys keep teasing me with! Lol

Gonna use 10 colour lead core, with boards and I just bought the greasy chicken wing spoon you guys have been raving about.

My question is do I still go straight out from otter creek to 50-60ft of water then start trolling for these bad boys?

Thanks fellas

Frank

personally I wouldn't start trolling until you get to 56 - 58 FT of water
once out on the lake go southwest until you get to the depth you want to try at
good luck , post results for those that have to work Friday

out burwell today and only got one for supper I think the storm last nite shut them down I marked a lot of fish in 52 to 56 ft but could,nt get them to hit

Just came off the water... we got skunked!

Decided to stop at the pub and grab some food... and heading back out... these buggers better bite this time, or else they will be some fishing equipment for sale lol...

So any last minute pointers would be much appreciated.

Frank

Looks like it should be decent tomorrow so im gonna make the trip!! Gonna try and get some of those eyes you guys keep teasing me with! Lol

Gonna use 10 colour lead core, with boards and I just bought the greasy chicken wing spoon you guys have been raving about.

My question is do I still go straight out from otter creek to 50-60ft of water then start trolling for these bad boys?

Thanks fellas

Frank

We were out thursday morning after the thunderstorm. Fished in 56to 58 feet. Found the fish deep. 10 core and dipsies almost on bottom.

We put the boat in at 10:45, set the down rigger at 30 feet in 42 fow and before I could set the second rod the first had fired. About a 3 lb walleye. Took 2 more about 4 lbers in the same water. Took one on a greasy chicken spoon 30 ft down, one on a black & silver ripplin redfin, 25 ft down and one on a orange and lime green harness with leadcore. The worm harness was hot. Missed 3 more on it. We also got 2 monster perch on the riggers, one on greasy chicken and the other on watermelon.

Action was slow during the day... but we landed one 6lber... we had 2 more on actually caught them at the same time... both got away at the boat... so 1 for 3..

We were at 55ft using greasy chicken wing spoon with a fat worm on one hook

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 37
We were heading out to 55 fow but I took Horty's advice about closer and higher. When we checked at 43 fow the screen showed a ton of bait and some good sized hooks so we set up there.

Attachments

• 10569066_10152282263026409_7626074031891779590_n.jpg
    10569066_10152282263026409_7626074031891779590_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 30
Hello all. I'm a good old MB boy used to fishing shield lakes where we jig and bottom bounce for walleyes....have never chased suspended walleye before.

Haven't had a chance to fish much in Ontario yet but recently bought a 180 dauntless boston whaler and hoping to hit Erie this weekend for my first Erie trip.

I'm coming out of Kitchener so looks like Port Burwell makes good sense.

Have been trying to find any information available and came across this great site.

Any information anyone is willing share re; where to launch, bait shops in the area, walleye patterns, good weather reports etc would be most appreciated.

I don't have down riggers but lots of dipseys, line weights, bottom bouncers etc.

Cheers and thanks,

Maestrolaker

Port Burwell is hot for eyes. We launched at Big Otter Marine. Cross over the bridge as you come into town and make the first right. $12 to launch. Bait and Ice is available and they have a fish cleaning station right there. We fished in 42-45 fow with lead core and down riggers. We caught good eyes on top with worm harnesses.
I dont think you can go wrong out there. Guys are in 45 feet and guys are in 55 feet. Everyone is catching.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks