Off Topic High Water Woes

In my travels this week I noticed the Speed River at the 401 (feeds into the Grand) was about 6 ft higher than normal...

Someone has put a car back seat on the bank on the South side of the 401, it is usually 2 ft up from the water, for over a day it was covered.

Additionally, the Nith River at the 401 was a few hundred feet wide. Both are returning to normal, but that water is heading to you know where.

I just read a report that our great government is at it again with keeping dams closed along the locks and St Lawrence river water ways causing the lakes to stay at higher than normal levels. This makes me think back to the early 1980s when our MNR and the US MNR got this brainwave idea to see just how high they could get the great lakes ,and i am sure there are many of you who remember the disasters along Lakes Erie ,and Huron just to mention a couple . It was reported in the Ontario Out Of Doors in around 1984 or 5 I believe that this was what they were doing and all so that they could se how much water could be retained along the Mississippi river delta so that they could harvest the water to irrigate into the Drouted areas of Texas ,Nevada and on into Arizona. The end result they said that it caused too much damage along the water fronts of all the Great Lakes . I myself believe this to be happening yet again

The only lake affected by the St Lawrence being held back is Lake Ontario. There is simply alot of water in the lakes right now. The gates on the St Mary's in the Soo have been opened and allowing ALOT more flow than usual the past few years and Lake Superior is still at above average levels. There's no hidden agendas, just lots of water.

Josh

Agree with Josh, Lake Ontario water levels can't impact Lake Erie until they get high enough to come back up Niagara Falls.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks