Hey Brisketheads... Sale at Sobeys

Perfect timing. On page 79 of the new Spring 2021 FOOD & DRINK magazine there is a recipe called "Brisket two ways" which looks awesome.

It begins ..
index.php

Attachments

• 20210312_130656.jpg
    20210312_130656.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 351
visited the one and only Sobeys in town just to check out this bargain----had one left at the ridiculous LOW price of------$64.09. that's almost my whole month budget for groceries. Doctor says i'll be fine in a couple of days and said I shouldn't press my luck.

:ROFLMAO: :eek:

visited the one and only Sobeys in town just to check out this bargain----had one left at the ridiculous LOW price of------$64.09. that's almost my whole month budget for groceries. Doctor says i'll be fine in a couple of days and said I shouldn't press my luck.

:ROFLMAO: :eek:
With three kids at home in their early 20s @packrat, we have to fork out. KD a la stomp doesn't cut it.

I’m still on smoked meat overload from the last brisket I did (which is also the first I’ve ever done). When you burp and all you can taste is smoked brisket a day later you know you’ve had too much. Was good though! Hopefully next one is even better!

I have a Great Nephew who is working on a Football Scholarship living with us now. I venture he could challenge your three in consumption combined and likely win hands down @stomp.

Leftovers, truly a memory from days gone by.
I hope he came with funds for a meal allowance.

It's Family man.

Done for the love, not the duty. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

As a side, got home today after twelve hours behind the wheel to home made BBQ'd hamburgers.

Was gonna take a picture but just couldn't wait. :giggle:🤪🙃

Brisket was good @GPS... Did the @hvyhaul liquid smoke thing and it was oven-roasted. I miss the real smoke, all day on the BBQ, summer-time, bark experience. Those Traeger pellet grills looked interesting when I was at Lowe's today. I would have rather spent a few hours today grilling versus a few hours starling-proofing my eaves.

I take it you underwhelmed by it @stomp .

True there is nothing like brisket on a real smoker, I just needed brisket and it was a way not to have to watch the WSM overnight when it's cold LOL

I looked at Treagers many times and I'm still looking.

That's a lot of $$$$ to have set it and forget it. Still considering one, but higher priorities have moved one down the list.

I was not underwhelmed at all @hvyhaul. It was very tender and passed your pull test. Everyone loved the taste and we'll be enjoying it for a few? (maybe one) days. This is a very good option for colder weather . I think I prefer a brisket, regardless of how it's cooked, to prime rib.

I do look forward to warmer days when I can play a bigger part in the cooking and can try to put a thick bark on the meat.

was cruising the grocery stores this morning----loccocco? in town had brisket on sale?--$3.99/lb----two left when I went by----still there----maybe

I wuz gonna smoke one this weekend buuuuuuut I kept forgetting to pull one up out of the deep freeze. :oops::eek::banghead::banghead:

This coming weekend for sure. :giggle::p😁

On the smoker this time. :giggle::love:😁

I was away for a couple of weeks and came home to one of these in the fridge so we decided to smoke it on Sunday. I have always done a brisket by injecting with beef broth and smoking at 220 to an internal of 205. Last Christmas my daughter got me the book by Aaron Franklin and followed method. A simple rub and cooked hotter - 270 and wrapped in butcher paper when it hit the stall. Pulled it at 205 and let it rest in a cooler for an hour. One other thing that I did was I started it on my smokey mountain and when it was time to refuel the coal I transfered it to the traegar and finished it on there. I love the convenience of the pellet grill but find I get better smoke from the charcoal. Everyone agreed that this was the best one I've done

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks