Here we Grow Again

There’s no basil in those photos.
but we do have basil that we just seeded yesterday.
give them about a month and we have shipable plants

Oh sorry, photo 4 looked like basil to me.

Oh sorry, photo 4 looked like basil to me.
Oh okay,
yah those are pepper plants..
they had got some Thrips in them so they have a little bit of cupped leaves near the head similar to how basil leaves cup a little bit certain varieties worse than others.

Looking for some help! I planted my tomato and pepper seeds in Jiffy Pots with the plan to transfer them straight into the ground in May. I have a couple of questions:

1) I've read that you should have only 1 plant per pot. I planted multiple seeds per pot and where there is more than 1 that grew, do I really need to snip extras off to allow the best one of the pot to grow?

2) Do I have to transplant each into a bigger pot or can they be transplanted directly into the ground, in the Jiffy Pot, next month?

Thank you!
Seedlings April 13.jpg

Looking for some help! I planted my tomato and pepper seeds in Jiffy Pots with the plan to transfer them straight into the ground in May. I have a couple of questions:

1) I've read that you should have only 1 plant per pot. I planted multiple seeds per pot and where there is more than 1 that grew, do I really need to snip extras off to allow the best one of the pot to grow?

2) Do I have to transplant each into a bigger pot or can they be transplanted directly into the ground, in the Jiffy Pot, next month?

Thank you!
View attachment 40152
Personally I don’t like the jiffy pots
They say the roots grow threw them into the ground
But not near as as when they are in peat moss

I would go out and purchase some 4” round pots and transplant one plant into the 4” pot
By the time it has rooting into the 4”
Pot should be nice enough weather to transplant them into the ground

Reactions: GPS
Personally I don’t like the jiffy pots
They say the roots grow threw them into the ground
But not near as as when they are in peat moss

I would go out and purchase some 4” round pots and transplant one plant into the 4” pot
By the time it has rooting into the 4”
Pot should be nice enough weather to transplant them into the ground
Thank you!! :)

Conclusions on grow lights vs natural sunlight on Beefsteak Tomato Plants

Grow Lights: taller, thicker stems,darker foliage

Natural Sunlight: thinner stems, lighter foliage more leaves.

tmto1.jpg
tmto2.jpgtmto3.jpg

Any ideas for what I'm doing wrong that would result in yellow bottom leaves on my tomato plants?

I looked it up (as in google) and read that it can be from overwatering or underwatering. I'm watering every other day and fertilizing once a week. Now that I have the plants in bigger containers (5" with drainage holes), I'm watering from the top rather than the bottom.

Yellow leaves.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks