Off Topic Here we go with the winds again!

Since when is Father’s Day about the wife and kids??? lol
Isn’t Father’s Day suppose to be about the Father and making sure he has the best day???? 🤔

If my dad was an avid fisherman I’d ask him to catch some fish for me to fry up for him when he gets home!

Isn’t Father’s Day suppose to be about the Father and making sure he has the best day???? 🤔

If my dad was an avid fisherman I’d ask him to catch some fish for me to fry up for him when he gets home!
💯% correct!! @Derkd9 👊👊 it is about the Father,and therefore called Fathers Day for that reason!! 👍👍🙂 My daughter and I will be together for the whole day tomorrow & she loves going fishing,especially with her father. If my boat wasn’t in a marine mechanics shop right now waiting for a new ignition coil for my outboard motor,my daughter and I would be out on a lake tomorrow somewhere fishing!! We might fish a river instead nearby,or we could be either hiking or biking at a provincial park close to us,and that would suit as just fine for now. Happy Fathers Day to All!! 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Last edited:
All next week's forecasts look bad on Erie. :cry: Tomorrow looks great but my kids would not be happy if I disappeared on Father's Day. ;)
Wednesday of next week @Wave Runner didn’t look too bad at one time in the morning for Lake Erie to do some fishing.But this morning it has changed for the worse!! 😒👎 As of now though,I don’t feel too bad about the windy forecast for next week,only because my boat is in a marine mechanics shop waiting for another ignition coil to come to repair my outboard motor.Who knows how long I will have to wait for my boat,and hopefully not too long!! In the meantime, I ended up getting a invite from @DaveJ to join him on his boat next week,but of course the marine forecast would have to be safe for boating/fishing before I would accept his great offer for next week. Here’s hoping that we may be able to get out fishing when the Lake Erie wind conditions are suitable for boating/fishing again. Be safe everyone & tight lines to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Was hoping to get out on a local reservoir with my baby girl tomorrow but my back still isn't liking sitting for too long. Even though she has been fighting arthritis her entire life we still do a little fishing every Father's day that I want to. Holding a rod is tough for her but she still wants to go and be with dad for a few hours where he loves to be. Probably do a little culvert hopping and see if she can finally get a Brown after a couple of decades of trying. That would make my day.

Hey @Derkd9 and @Red Hering... Can you guys come and explain that to my son and daughter. 😉😄
I would love to @Wave Runner and my daughter and I will explain that to your son and daughter tomorrow while you are at home on Fathers Day and not fishing!! 🚤🎣🐟😱 Please tell your wife to put that fantastic tasting coffee ☕️ on with some cake 🍰 on the side,(just like the last time when we came for a visit. ☕🍰😉),because my daughter and I will be over early in the morning,on our way to either Rondeau Provincial Park for some hiking or biking,or wherever my truck will takes us. lol 😂🤣 😉👍🙂

To explain the difference between Mother's day and Father's day.
Mother's day- Dad takes the kids out for the day giving mom a nice quiet day by herself.
Father's day- Dad takes the kids for the day, to spend quality time with them and mom stays home by herself.
That's how my wife explained it to me.

Yah yah of course got 10 days off starting Friday, hopefully this nonsense gets it out of its system the next 5 days, and start with the perfect fishing weather for Friday and the following week 👍
Sorry 😞 @Derkd9 to break this terrible news to you,but opening bass season on long point bay looks awful as of now,(strong winds!!), but the marine forecast could change quite a bit before that date!! 👊👊😉 Besides,you have 9 other day’s to fish in,from out of your holidays & Bass ON!! my friend!! 🚤🎣🐟😉👍👍🙂

Sorry 😞 @Derkd9 to break this terrible news to you,but opening bass season on long point bay looks awful as of now,(strong winds!!), but the marine forecast could change quite a bit before that date!! 👊👊😉 Besides,you have 9 other day’s to fish in,from out of your holidays & Bass ON!! my friend!! 🚤🎣🐟😉👍👍🙂
But that's a good thing @Red Hering. It means Saturday will be a perfect day for fishing. The forecast is rarely right this far away. Lol

Happy Fathers Day to all the other Dad's on Channel 68! Just finished a great visit and lunch outside with my daughter so I'll be heading to Port Glasgow tomorrow! I'll do a report ....only if I catch some fish! lol Safe boating everyone and tight lines!

Exactly
I'm going fishing tomorrow with the boss
My son works till 4:30 anyway he will come by at dinner, hope he's cooking I just have to send him his b day dinner picture as a reminder 😏

Agree wave runner. My wife would kill me if Went fishing on Fathers Day. Hopefully winds settle down next week. Boat is in slip at Port Stanley and am ready for my first trip on Erie 👍
And my wife has already told me IF I want to go fishing tomorrow, I can, but I don't think I'm going to. Could change my mind in the morning tho. We'll see, but she's already told me she won't be going with me if I decide to go.

Wednesday of next week @Wave Runner didn’t look too bad at one time in the morning for Lake Erie to do some fishing.But this morning it has changed for the worse!! 😒👎 As of now though,I don’t feel too bad about the windy forecast for next week,only because my boat is in a marine mechanics shop waiting for another ignition coil to come to repair my outboard motor.Who knows how long I will have to wait for my boat,and hopefully not too long!! In the meantime, I ended up getting a invite from @DaveJ to join him on his boat next week,but of course the marine forecast would have to be safe for boating/fishing before I would accept his great offer for next week. Here’s hoping that we may be able to get out fishing when the Lake Erie wind conditions are suitable for boating/fishing again. Be safe everyone & tight lines to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
I keep tellin ya Red, you can always come join me on the pier. I'm planning to go either Tuesday or Wednesday, but as I said in another response to this thread not that long ago, my wife has already told me I can go tomorrow if I want to, so although I'm leaning towards not going tomorrow, I could always change my mind in the morning.

I am going to help put another boat in at Burwell tomorrow morning. I'll be back early afternoon to have a nice dinner with The Wife.

Having burgers and grilled fresh picked Asparagus tonight as one of the kids is here with their family.

Now that the boat is in the water, prep time is way down to go fishing.

Last edited:
But that's a good thing @Red Hering. It means Saturday will be a perfect day for fishing. The forecast is rarely right this far away. Lol
Very true @Stick 👍👍 Saturday June 26/21 is still quite a ways away,and the forecast can change quite a bit till then.🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
I keep tellin ya Red, you can always come join me on the pier. I'm planning to go either Tuesday or Wednesday, but as I said in another response to this thread not that long ago, my wife has already told me I can go tomorrow if I want to, so although I'm leaning towards not going tomorrow, I could always change my mind in the morning.
Sounds great @Trevor M 👍👍 and I will pm you a day ahead of time my friend,to join you on the pier. 🎣🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks