Here Fishy fishy

spincast

Went looking for some silver bullets today. Greeted by a sun mostly blocked by smoke and 2 - 3 foot rollers coming across the lake from the NE and a light SW wind. Lake is at least 2- 3 feet lower than the last time I launched at Jordan. Some freaky bait balls - ran longer than the entire screen in bands with few if any hooks above or below - haven't seen that before. The currents were crazy and maintaining speed was a constant battle. Everything was just out of reach today - by about 40 foot. I had a rigger down at 100 (off screen), but they wouldn't come say hello. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at 'em, from 1.9 to 3.9. and from 5 foot to 100. Hoping we get some stable weather soon. 1st time in a couple years for a lake O white stripe.
20200915_072039.jpg20200915_072047.jpgout of reach.jpgstraight bait.jpg

I’m curious to hear other opinions on your graph picture. I had this the other day and I just assumed it was the thermocline but wasn’t 100% as this is my first year owning a boat

That would be a thermocline. I just haven't seen it affect the bait fish so strongly before on Ontario. Usually they will stick up in balls ranging from a few feet to top to bottom, not in bands. It just shows how strong the currents were. I don't remember seeing one that big, or that deep before.

We were out at Jordan 7am till 1ish, marked lots of stacks out in 170ft to 200ft but no hits.
Thinking you were launching as we were getting ready to leave. Sounds like you had the same luck.

We were out at Jordan 7am till 1ish, marked lots of stacks out in 170ft to 200ft but no hits.
Thinking you were launching as we were getting ready to leave. Sounds like you had the same luck.
I was actually out the same time period. Saw a couple of other trailers in the parking lot, but didn't hear any buzz on the radio, other than the pilot boats out of Weller. Strange, a couple of years ago on this week on a very similar weather day we killed the lakers (18 in two back to back days) and took quite a bows and browns in the 80 - 120. depth, and last year we almost the same, Hopefully, this high-pressure system lets the lake settle down a bot and we can get a couple more outings in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks