heads up

I'm B shift ,woodstock on trim 1 and I'm all for a TMMC tourney there's a few guys on B shift that are big fisherman.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

18 years at Ford Oakville, looks like this is going to effect us as well. We are hearing rumors of multiple down weeks in the up coming month. Can't say I am looking forward to the loss of $$ but the down time would be great for hitting the bay.

All this talk about spring Crappie has caught my attention.....:Dcan any of you guys give me a heads up to where you have had luck? I hear all the time about the channels being good for them but have never tried yet. Any "good" advice would be appreciated. Thanks,FB.

Pretty hard on the Old Cut launch, the guy isn't even open. Be thankful that he doesn't block the ramp till he is. I launched there Saturday with no problems. On the way out I'd stayed in the middle of channel and didn't hit a thing. If you been around at all there is alway junk floating around after ice out.(there still lots of ice in alot of the channels as of Saturday) I feel lucky to be able to put my boat in there at this time of year.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

Hey Bob mabye I am being a little hard but after being almost knocked into fridgid waters by a dock that should be tore down having to jump a 8" drop on the ramp with my boat trailer and than taking a chunk out of the skeg of my motor that doesnt even have a hours run time on it ,I think I have reason to be a bit Peed off .It bothers me that we have such horrible launch facilities around LPB(not all are bad) compared to every other body of water in southern Ontario. Anyways winters over and the fish will be biting so enough of my rant I'm not trying to slam the OC either this is just my opinion nothing more. I have met the owners and they seem like nice people I just won't go there anymore I would rather wait than damage my boat.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Sounds think it was a bad day. Was down there today you would be able to launch out of Post now. Went out for a quick cruise to Big Rice still nothing biting.Talked to one of the netter out there they said the pike are still in the marsh. Good luck on your next trip.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

Very bad LOL thanks for the update sounds like some really warm temps are on the way.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Hey, anyone complaining about the channel I'll trade you for the channel we have in Burwell. Lol:)
Tough break on the bottom end.[V]

Burweel aparently bought a dredge so your channel will get a lot better but this is just rumors so far.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Might try TP cause were going to the bluffs anyways if there open.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

SRT8 If you's do have tourament and one of your work buddys want to go in it but dont have a boat id prob. go with my boat as a partner. I no the C.A.W useto have a tournament around the Windsor area and they would let people fish it as long one person belong to the C.A.W . Just a thought , if they work it that way if they have one.

SRT8,
I keep my boat down at the OC, and usually put in around the end of April. The owners of the OC don't open until May, but have always been number one with those who use the docks. Not sure if you're aware of the power of ice, but it can actually take homes clear off their foundations. Have a peak of homes/cottages on the lakes during the 1970's and you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about. The docks at the OC are in fine form from May on, AFTER the owners go out and blast into the mud to reset the wooden poles that hold up the dock. As for the channel, I believe it's the cottages on the channel who manage it to my understanding and chip in to its cleaning, not just the OC (I could be wrong on this one...don't quote me). Have you filed through insurance on your fin? (Didnt look as those the motor itself was damaged, was it?)

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

As a life long creek fisherman I am very aware of the power of ice from watching my fav river change every spring ,from ice flows and high water .If this was a seasonal issue I wouldn't be complaining about it if I am hitting bottom now I can't imagine what it will be like in july and august it's not really a big deal I'm not going to launch there anymore .I did not put it through my insurance because the damage won't be over the deductible so it's out of pocket, I will be putting a skeg gaurd on it soon.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Well I went down to the bay last week before the rains and the OC channel was really clear and I saw what I hit there are 3-4 large chunks of cement in the channel(to the left of the channel after the boathouses) were the old launch was (ice access)if I would have had my waders I would have moved them .I realized that this isn't anyones fault (OC or boat house owners) this stuff has been there for years. I need to apologize as my rant was misguided and unfair so if the OC see's this I apologize for my rant. so sorry for yappin should have waited till I calmed down before posting but I'm still kinda P-ed off about the skeg LOL

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Gloveand Live Eye Jigs for their support

I don't think there is a need to appologize. Anyone who hit something like that on their first trip out with a new boat like that would be pissed and want to vent. Thanks for the heads up. Any luck with Pike yet? I will be going up to our cottage on Sat. for the day and am undecided on bringing up the boat to do a couple hours fishing.

Hey Dan stay tight to the marsh and you should be fine you fishing the perch derby ? Prolly see ya out there. As for not needing to apologize I directly insulted the OC and I for one try not to single anyone person or company out in a negative way so I do feel I needed to apologize. I intended to prevent anyone else from bustin up their motor but got carried away anyways its gonna be a nice day tomorrow and the perch should be hungry so let's go fishing

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Gloveand Live Eye Jigs for their support

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks