Heading out from Port Burwell

Tomorrow looks like it's going to be a really nice calm day on the water. I have yet to catch my first walleye on lake E. Hoping tomorrow is going to be the big day. I have one down rigger, a number 1 Dipsy Diver and some deep diving stick baits as well as snap weights to make the best presentation possible. I'll be using small spoons and worm harness as well. All I need is a little advice as to direction and depth.
Can anyone point me in the right direction and depth that I should be covering while trolling. Any tips and pointers will be much appreciated. I will post back to let everyone know how we did. Thank you

We fished straight out from the mouth in 55-60 fow then trolled to the east on Sat. We were running jets on boards down 30' with worm harnesses and 0 Dispy's back 140' most fish came on meat but we did get a couple on the lead core with body baits. If you run your rigger I usually run about 75-100' behind the ball. Speed is critical we run 1.5-1.8 with harnesses and up to 3.2 with spoons. Hope this helps and good luck!

Tight Lines
RT

We fished straight out from the mouth in 55-60 fow then trolled to the east on Sat. We were running jets on boards down 30' with worm harnesses and 0 Dispy's back 140' most fish came on meat but we did get a couple on the lead core with body baits. If you run your rigger I usually run about 75-100' behind the ball. Speed is critical we run 1.5-1.8 with harnesses and up to 3.2 with spoons. Hope this helps and good luck!

Tight Lines
RT
Thank you for the tips. Few thoughts. Should I get real worms or is cranks okay to use for the harness. Isn't that depth of 60 fow getting close to the US side? Not sure what the rules are about crossing boarders while fishing. I will be trying all sorts of colors and types.

60 ft is nowhere close to the US side. I had good luck with dipsy set in number 3 back 150' with a silver spoon/ with blue/ green/ black colour. Lead has been the best for me this year, 7-10 colour, and a silver and blue Redfin.

Run your dipsey on a #2 setting 50ft back go dark spoons in the morning like purples piston cup blueberrie muffin then Sun gets up go a little brighter good luck rigger ????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks