Haun Marsh Sold? Now Private?

Duxbware

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Any body heard about this?

Iheard some guys taking at a job site yesterday, and they were saying it had been sold, and is now private? No more public hunting? I haven't been there in years, but it was actually my first duck hunt with an old friend back then.

I was saddened to hear this, if it is indeed true. Any body known the facts on this?

Thanks.

I was recently out on a guided duck hunt and happened to catch a conversation from another party of hunters talking about a particular well known Marsh that was being turned into a private club---I hope I am wrong--but I am sure not many marshes are being sold? I was told one of the gentlemen from the other party was a well known DU member--

I haven’t herd that about the haun. The flight club sold to ncc which is in the same area. That might be what club they were talking about.

I know some of the people at the Nature Conservancy of Canada so I contacted them and asked for clarification. They did purchase the Flight Club which was a Private Duck Hunting Club whose owners were looking to wind down. They also purchased a woodlot bordering the Hahn Marsh known as the Hahn Woods. However, the Hahn Marsh itself is still owned by Canadian Wildlife Service and they manage the public hunting there.

I found the NCC quite open and willing to share information about what they are doing when approached in a professional and respectful way. They said anyone with concerns could contact them via ontario@natureconservancy.ca.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks