Hard Steering to the left

Hunny -Du

Hey fellow fishermen/women. Have aquestion for anyone operating a manual steer boat . My steering is really tough turning to the left ,but turning right is a breeze . I can turn with my little finger to the right no problem , but when turning left I have to use both hands and brute strength to get her to turn . I run a 90 HP Evinrude which is a bit over 5 yrs old and the tab was set to about 2.5 deg right . In my driveway with the motor straight down I can easily turn the motor in either direction no problem . It is when i am out on the water at any speed over 10 to 15 Knotts and it is tough holding to my left to keep her straight .Anyone else have a problem like that ??

Does it pull in one direction? Or go straight easy and only a problem in turning the one direction?

Right above your prop there will be a fin that you can adjust .I would try adjusting it ,That should help
Not sure if that's your problem but worth a try

Set your tab to the left or just straight. With the tab to the right as you have it, the tab helps it to turn right and inhibits left turns.

Hey fellow fishermen/women. Have aquestion for anyone operating a manual steer boat . My steering is really tough turning to the left ,but turning right is a breeze . I can turn with my little finger to the right no problem , but when turning left I have to use both hands and brute strength to get her to turn . I run a 90 HP Evinrude which is a bit over 5 yrs old and the tab was set to about 2.5 deg right . In my driveway with the motor straight down I can easily turn the motor in either direction no problem . It is when i am out on the water at any speed over 10 to 15 Knotts and it is tough holding to my left to keep her straight .Anyone else have a problem like that ??
I had to move my tab almost a full inch was pulling so hard I had to stop every 5 min to rest my arm moved the tab when I got back to the dock

I had this problem with my boat when I changed the prop. it had too much pitch. when I let go of the wheel it would pull hard to the right. hope the tab adjustment works. my wife called that Silverline the "Boat from Hell"

Move your trim tab slightly to the direction it is pulling. That should fix it. My boat did the same except to the right

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks