Had one of the best days this year!

kmaub

We left the marina at about 7:30 am after getting some fuel and headed out to 64 FOW south west between Bruce and Stanley

We set up according to the reports that we have been reading about!
Two 10 colour leads out with the usual pinks and purple body baits and the riggers right to the bottom at 60 ft and leads out 60 and 80 ft.
The lake was just perfect to start out in this morning and couldn't have asked for better fishing weather!
The top temp was 67.9 degrees and the silver bass that we were catching were coming in the boat warm to the touch!

So we trolled out to about 66 ft and hooked up on a large rainbow on the 10 colour lead with a little grey body bait that shot out of the water like a cannon. What a site to see and no video camera to have it recorded but it was just an amazing site. Here is this bow taking off with the lure and as I pulled back to start to reel it in the line snapped at the lure, and the fish thought it was still hooked cause it just kept jumping and jumping and jumping trying to shake my lure! Just amazing to watch it get that much air under it!

After that it was silver after silver and a sheep that I can't believe I lost!
icon_redface.gif
How does one do that! loose a sh*t head LOL

We trolled out to the group and Bill landed a 5lbs walleye and after an about an hour I brought in a 3lbs.
It was time to start trolling back toward home as the winds started picking up from the east and waves started.
As we got shallower we got the largest of the day at about 6lbs off the 10 core again!
We decided to pull the riggers and throw the large body baits out and this produced fish for us as we got 2 more in the boat.
Bill landed his and bang fish floppin on the floor of the boat and I'm reeling in the next one! Had one more it on this setup and I lost it, these were caught in 65 FOW.

So the count

1 bow - lost
2 sh*t heads - one lost
9 walleye - 4 lost
10 silvers - 0 lost

and heres the pics!

waiting for Bill and warming up the boat!
b_065923.jpg

leaving after gas up
b_071517.jpg

the bus!? LOL
b_072552.jpg

the race out
b_073220.jpg

the group
b_080854.jpg

no we weren't spying! But these guys did boat 2 ! So I heard!
b_092450.jpg

bumper to bumper traffic out there
b_092458.jpg

Bill's fight
b_131921.jpg

the producers
b_142941.jpg

2 of the 5
b_153000.jpg

the other 3
b_161741.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks