Guns 'n Gadgets

SOUTHWIND

Just reading on line that the little gun store in Aylmer is closing. Was one of my favourite stops while passing thru over the years. Great staff there. They will be missed.

Heard about this
Apparently the church people bought all their guns lol 😬

honestly I won’t miss them
they were always rude to me and rushing me out the door
And when I looking for a specific turkey choke a few years ago
He said he was getting shipment in the following week and would call me
Asked for my phone number and everything wrote it down
Never called me back.

Gobles is where the customer service is at!

Wow. Super sad to hear about this.

I've never had a hard time dealing with Guns n Gadgets. I've always been greeted with a smile and professional service. Big loss for the community.

I used to stop there when I worked that area and never had an issue with the owners. I bought a Mossberg 20ga for my grandson there and received good advice on what shells to use. Anytime an outdoors store closes it is a sad day for everybody that uses the outdoors whether it be for fishing or hunting.

I think they probably sank themselves by not improving their online sales, as every other outdoors and gun shop has been doing very well during the pandemic..

their customer service would of helped too
Gobles doesn’t have the best online store either but they have a system where they keep a profile and actually call their customers back when they order or request an item

We don’t know the whole story tho
My friend witnessed several of those church of god vans loading up the guns from
The store

Their mind set seemed to be ‘if we don’t have it than I guess you’re not gettin’ it’. I have left that store empty handed more times than I have left with product and I don’t feel I was looking for unreasonable items. Boxes of 3” #2 shells? Full choke for a Beretta? Excalibur bolts Etc Etc. The last straw for me was in November when I went in and they actually had what I wanted but not a single person behind the counter had a mask on and when a lady pushed the door (with must wear a mask signed taped to it) and asked if they had to wear a mask and the guy behind the counter yelled ‘hell no’. I put my items down and walked out.

The last straw for me was in November when I went in and they actually had what I wanted but not a single person behind the counter had a mask on and when a lady pushed the door (with must wear a mask signed taped to it) and asked if they had to wear a mask and the guy behind the counter yelled ‘hell no’. I put my items down and walked out.

Rebels without a clue.

Wonderful. :rolleyes:

My first shotgun, I purchased there, was a gong show too
Yah was a special item because I’m left handed but it took a week longer then originally said and was just coming from Toronto. Missed the first week of my first Turkey hunting season.
They told me they were going to drive to Toronto to pick it up for me when it wasn’t shipped when it was suppose to... (guessing that was a lie and he didn’t even order it the day he said he did)
so I wouldn’t miss opening day but that was just a lie so I didn’t cancel the order and look elsewhere.
Just back to back to back bad experience with them. 👎
So doesn’t surprise me one bit.
What a terrible experience to give a first time gun purchaser!!!

Their mind set seemed to be ‘if we don’t have it than I guess you’re not gettin’ it’. I have left that store empty handed more times than I have left with product and I don’t feel I was looking for unreasonable items. Boxes of 3” #2 shells? Full choke for a Beretta? Excalibur bolts Etc Etc. The last straw for me was in November when I went in and they actually had what I wanted but not a single person behind the counter had a mask on and when a lady pushed the door (with must wear a mask signed taped to it) and asked if they had to wear a mask and the guy behind the counter yelled ‘hell no’. I put my items down and walked out.
I'm not surprised by that story 🙄 they definitely didn't seem to care whether I purchased anything or not. The best thing about them was the tamales sold next door lol

Wow. Super sad to hear about this.

I've never had a hard time dealing with Guns n Gadgets. I've always been greeted with a smile and professional service. Big loss for the community.
I haven't had a problem either and I'm not a regular . I went to the site as soon as I heard Sat. morning , but by what I could see , most everything was gone .

Man... what a flamefest...
flame thrower fire GIF

Was there @ 8am this morning,had my scope bore sighted,bought a case for the Coyote rifle and some .223 Hornady.Pretty empty now.Sad,will be missed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks