Gun Petition, Liberals taking away our guns ....

The firearm design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it, including any variant of the AR-15 and those like it, are all restricted. (Note: legally, restricted firearms can only be discharged at shooting ranges; so, while one can use them in competitions, one cannot use them for hunting) Non-restricted firearms are: any other rifle or shotgun not listed on the prohibited or restricted lists.

You couldn't be anymore wrong... There are a number of non-restricted (AR) style/variants in Canada that can be used for hunting, such as below

1579273010797.png

You couldn't be anymore wrong... There are a number of non-restricted (AR) style/variants in Canada that can be used for hunting, such as below

View attachment 20111

Exactly and it sounds like these are the ones they want to prohibit (not restrict). Meanwhile, there are other variants of these guns that perform and function exactly the same as these 'assault style' weapons but they look like hunting rifles and it seems they will be left alone, at least for now, because they don't look scary. It seems to me that this is like banning only red sports cars to reduce accidents despite the fact that the blue cars go just as fast. As others suggest, it will start with these and then will continue with all the semi-auto's.

Last edited:
Say what you want, the whole idea is to ELIMINATE firearm ownership. One incremental little step at a time. Im a Canuck but live down South. The issue here in USA is that A. The govt out of an abundance of all this political correct society bullshit we live in REFUSE to enforce EXISTING laws. We do not need more law. We need more enforcement of what exists. Most of these mass shootings could have been prevented if we werent so freaking PC. I can give you example after example but then I would be labelled as a racist, or a homophobe or an islamaphobe or some kind of phobe. (Im not any of those phobes) before I could even illustrate my point. Total loss of common sense and societal values.

Id say 90% of the Canuck hunters Ive crossed paths with find out I varmint hunt with an AR down here and just go bat sh#t crazy on me with comments around machine gunning deer etc. Just clueless about the capability and limitations of these guns. You guys love your crossbows up there from what Ive seen. I mean like 4 to 1 over regular archery equipment. So my favorite defense is to tell them I wish they would ban crossbows in Ontario for deer hunting as I think they are dangerous and sinister and unsportsmanlike and if you are going to bow hunt then damn well do it with a real bow. You dont NEED a crossbow. If you are too old or too weak to draw a bow, or too lazy to practice, well too bad......go buy your meat from Fortinos. Obviously I dont feel that way but it really gets their Timmys sloshing in the cup. Topic changes to the weather real quick. Its OK to limit MY choice, just dont screw with YOUR choices. If this crap all passes you will be duck hunting with a single shot in no time. Your Beretta or Remington gas autoloader is operationally so close to an AR 15 it would make your head spin. Id hate to lose my Benelli for turkey and geese. I do think I have an old single shot Cooey in moms closet up there!

Sorry thats my one and only rant on this. And no disrespect to anyone or the moderator intended. This is in the wrong forum. On the other hand, all of us sportspeople need to stick together. The same people wanting to ban hunting and guns will target sport fishing next. They already are.

Can anyone offer advice on catching whitefish through the ice up on Lake Simcoe? I really want to get there this winter.

Can anyone offer advice on catching whitefish through the ice up on Lake Simcoe? I really want to get there this winter.

Run a vibrato or a meegs with a drop shot hook about a foot above with a soft plastic, if they aren't agressive enough to hit the lower bait they'll slurp up the drop shot. check out lake simcoe message board as well. Lots info on there and video tips from John Whyte

Wow, where to begin. To me it is simple. We have a hunting heritage to protect, and that's all. We do not have a militia heritage, or a god-given right for weapons in Canada, hunting heritage only as so well versed in many Canadian shooting sports mags and TV shows like Angler and Hunter. Our heritage is hunting, not militia.

A bolt-action hunting rifle in Canada with a magazine holding 4-6 rounds for hunting will NEVER EVER be banned in this country. Anyone thinking they will has drank the NRA, CSSA and gun manufactures kool-aid. How to drum up membership $$$ and have a public make a run on guns in stores (read Obama/Hillary era gun sales vs Trump)???? Make a false narrative that they are coming to take your guns. It will NEVER happen. Never.

Same as a shot gun with a plugged to 3 magazine. Never be banned. EVER
Same as semi-auto rimfire. Never be banned.

Thinking these above will be taken away is buying the fear mongering. You are being lied to.

Now as for AR's that should be banned? Go to any Canadian gunstore selling legal Canadian restricted AR's or AR variants. I had a look at Firearms Outlet Canada in Ajax on their website. They mostly sell the semi-auto AR shooting either 5.56 NATO and .223 FMJ (guys....this is a man killer only, not a hunting round...hence the word NATO), or a .308. Have a read of the description, example the Daniel Defense M4A1 that sells for $2800 is used by US Special Operation Command ....and not for shooting fricking deer!!! Anyone with a restricted PAL can get one, and it ain't hard to get. Everything about this is military. military design, military spec etc etc.

Lets look at a cheaper, more accessible one for $799. A Radical Firearms Forged MilSpec 12" also in 5.56 NATO FMJ. You ain't shooting a deer with that either. Cheap enough for Billy Bob to own and be a hero at the range shooting up the place with full metal jackets.

Both of these AR variants come with a 5-shot magazine pinned to 5. So, you can slam 5 5.56 NATO down wind in about 2 seconds, hell of a hunting heritage rifle. No one needs this for hunting either deer or varmints. And, without much difficulty, easy enough to bring a 10 or 30 mag in your glove box across the border...like that never happens.

Now, look at pretty well 90% of the ads in Canadian shooting mags. I get the Shooting Sports mag as a member of CSSA, the legal Canadian AR ads show clowns all dressed up like Army Rangers with full military kit, BP vests, helmets, goggles, flashlight on the rail and wearing enough combat equipment to get a woody over if you are into that sort of thing. They don't advertise these AR's for hunting deer, or varmints, they advertise them for playing GI Joe.

TOTAL BULL! These have no place in our hunting heritage in Canada. They are the bane of the American society and the gun lobbyists and gun makers have you all believe we need them up here. We do not. I will happy to see them go.

I am old school. Need a deer in the freezer? A bolt action 30-30 or a 270, even a .243 if you are a good shot with a good bolt action. The hunters goal and usually all that is acceptable is that takes one well placed shot. NOT 5

Need a few fowl? Semi auto shotgun pump, or gas drive or kinematic and away you go.

Want to shoot a few coyotes? Lots of choices .243 bolt with a good scope is my fav.
Want to shoot a few grounghogs? 22LR, .22 Hornet, .17HMR etc Lots of choice.

Never ever is an AR in any caliber of any configuration a good choice. Any moderate to cheap bolt action is capable of easily shooting 1 MOA or less right out of the box. A less than $1000 AR is in the 2-3 MOA (battle ready is what they call that) and it takes $2000 on an AR to get even close to the 1 MOA. Hardly a hunting rifle.

Anyway, say bye to the AR's boys LOL!!!!

And one more thing. I see I have garnered a bunch of "dislikes" on my original post and probably will again on this one. Seriously? We are doing dislikes on a gun post? What are we...12? Is this facebook? Just write a response, or PM, dislikes make me laugh.

View attachment 20111

This is a perfect example. Look at this thing. Red dot sight for putting a full metal jacket NATO with lightning fast acquisition in the chest of a...deer. Right!

Wow, where to begin. To me it is simple. We have a hunting heritage to protect, and that's all. We do not have a militia heritage, or a god-given right for weapons in Canada, hunting heritage only as so well versed in many Canadian shooting sports mags and TV shows like Angler and Hunter. Our heritage is hunting, not militia.....

Thank you Caseys Dream for taking time and writing this up, my thoughts exactly on the subject! You want to hunt, get a regular hunting rifle, no need for all this military style weaponry to hunt an animal.

This is a perfect example. Look at this thing. Red dot sight for putting a full metal jacket NATO with lightning fast acquisition in the chest of a...deer. Right!

You have alot of hatred for a specific caliber eh? lol you hate all .223? or just FMJ? Do you feel the same about all FMJ calibers? You yourself sound like a fear mongeral, FMJ will cause less traumatic damage than a hallow point and was used for wounding and not killing

Wow, where to begin. To me it is simple. We have a hunting heritage to protect, and that's all. We do not have a militia heritage, or a god-given right for weapons in Canada, hunting heritage only as so well versed in many Canadian shooting sports mags and TV shows like Angler and Hunter. Our heritage is hunting, not militia.

A bolt-action hunting rifle in Canada with a magazine holding 4-6 rounds for hunting will NEVER EVER be banned in this country. Anyone thinking they will has drank the NRA, CSSA and gun manufactures kool-aid. How to drum up membership $$$ and have a public make a run on guns in stores (read Obama/Hillary era gun sales vs Trump)???? Make a false narrative that they are coming to take your guns. It will NEVER happen. Never.

Same as a shot gun with a plugged to 3 magazine. Never be banned. EVER
Same as semi-auto rimfire. Never be banned.

Thinking these above will be taken away is buying the fear mongering. You are being lied to.

Now as for AR's that should be banned? Go to any Canadian gunstore selling legal Canadian restricted AR's or AR variants. I had a look at Firearms Outlet Canada in Ajax on their website. They mostly sell the semi-auto AR shooting either 5.56 NATO and .223 FMJ (guys....this is a man killer only, not a hunting round...hence the word NATO), or a .308. Have a read of the description, example the Daniel Defense M4A1 that sells for $2800 is used by US Special Operation Command ....and not for shooting fricking deer!!! Anyone with a restricted PAL can get one, and it ain't hard to get. Everything about this is military. military design, military spec etc etc.

Lets look at a cheaper, more accessible one for $799. A Radical Firearms Forged MilSpec 12" also in 5.56 NATO FMJ. You ain't shooting a deer with that either. Cheap enough for Billy Bob to own and be a hero at the range shooting up the place with full metal jackets.

Both of these AR variants come with a 5-shot magazine pinned to 5. So, you can slam 5 5.56 NATO down wind in about 2 seconds, hell of a hunting heritage rifle. No one needs this for hunting either deer or varmints. And, without much difficulty, easy enough to bring a 10 or 30 mag in your glove box across the border...like that never happens.

Now, look at pretty well 90% of the ads in Canadian shooting mags. I get the Shooting Sports mag as a member of CSSA, the legal Canadian AR ads show clowns all dressed up like Army Rangers with full military kit, BP vests, helmets, goggles, flashlight on the rail and wearing enough combat equipment to get a woody over if you are into that sort of thing. They don't advertise these AR's for hunting deer, or varmints, they advertise them for playing GI Joe.

TOTAL BULL! These have no place in our hunting heritage in Canada. They are the bane of the American society and the gun lobbyists and gun makers have you all believe we need them up here. We do not. I will happy to see them go.

I am old school. Need a deer in the freezer? A bolt action 30-30 or a 270, even a .243 if you are a good shot with a good bolt action. The hunters goal and usually all that is acceptable is that takes one well placed shot. NOT 5

Need a few fowl? Semi auto shotgun pump, or gas drive or kinematic and away you go.

Want to shoot a few coyotes? Lots of choices .243 bolt with a good scope is my fav.
Want to shoot a few grounghogs? 22LR, .22 Hornet, .17HMR etc Lots of choice.

Never ever is an AR in any caliber of any configuration a good choice. Any moderate to cheap bolt action is capable of easily shooting 1 MOA or less right out of the box. A less than $1000 AR is in the 2-3 MOA (battle ready is what they call that) and it takes $2000 on an AR to get even close to the 1 MOA. Hardly a hunting rifle.

Anyway, say bye to the AR's boys LOL!!!!

So much false info here, where to start. I will work backwards. I dont have nearly a grand in any of my black rifles and they shoot into 3/8"-1/2" as do most of my bolt actions - many of which needed work in the same areas to get them there. You are just plain wrong.

Never is an AR a good choice? Its an awesome choice when you have 3 song dogs come to the call and only your first shot has them standing, and then next two are at running yotes. Zero recoil, continue to see right through the scope. Or you are in a prairie dog town and the action is busy.

30-30, 270, 243? Hey thanks for telling me what Im allowed to hunt with. I actually mostly use bolt actions and single shots in 257 Weatherby or a 338-06, or whatever else I feel like using. Last week I shot my best buck of the season down here with a .50 cal Flintlock muzzle loader. Is that OK with your moral standards?

I can also can slam just as many 7.62 Nato downstream with a Remington model 4 or slugs with a Remington 1100 that a pile of people hunt with and you can buy at any store. You can get a ten rd mag right from Cabelas if thats your thing.

No answer for the captain combat types. They exist in every society. That isnt me or my friends down here or up there. Didnt say we shouldnt be vetted or permitted or anything like that. Stupid is as stupid does. Maybe if you kept your kids away from the violent video games and media programming they wouldnt glorify all that crap. Too many people that want to take away our rights are fine with outsourcing their kids upbringing to the school systems and all of these violent distractions.

Bolt actions holding 4-6 will never be banned. Yeah. Ask someone in the UK about that, seriously. Or Australia where first it was semis and now pump shotguns as well. Turn them in or else. Their legislation started with semi-autos only. Glad you have so much faith in your Govt. Im not a black helicopters /they are out to get me type but you cant honestly believe your own comment that they will never be banned? These are the same people that enacted freedom of choice on which bathroom you choose to use and give terrorists 7-8 million or whatever the hell it was out of some misguided feeling of guilt.

You are correct about hunting heritage that needs to be protected. My state here enacted "right to hunt" legislation some years back to keep the antis under control. We should also have a right to protect our family however. It does blow my mind that if I shoot an intruder up there, Im the criminal, not the drug addict risking my families welfare for money. I dont need handguns or black rifles to accomplish that. The sound of an 870 slide racking one into the chamber is international speak for - oops, bad decision. Fortunately I have so little crime where I live we dont even lock up. And my keys stay in the ignition where I wont lose them. Maybe that right to protect my home is why my crime rate is so low. Thats another debate and off topic.

Caseys, relax, great responses and respect, and all well put. Don't let the site bubba's rile you. Your knowledge of the arms discussed sounds valid, and i totally agree.
I keep a 12 gu pump, 17 varmint bolt, and a blk powder, all I need. They are all working arms as I live in the rural.
Southern Tex you can own a cannon as long as it can't shoot more than a mile? Armed drones are legal but only for hogs and yotes.
Yey, don't think we need that?
Those that say the racking noise from their 870 saves the day, their just off tilt?

Caseys, relax, great responses and respect, and all well put. Don't let the site bubba's rile you. Your knowledge of the arms discussed sounds valid, and i totally agree.
I keep a 12 gu pump, 17 varmint bolt, and a blk powder, all I need. They are all working arms as I live in the rural.
Southern Tex you can own a cannon as long as it can't shoot more than a mile? Armed drones are legal but only for hogs and yotes.
Yey, don't think we need that?
Those that say the racking noise from their 870 saves the day, their just off tilt?

Armed drones are legal in Texas ?

its not complicated...a gun is a gun...federal governments approach to banning all the guns..
ya there picking and choosing which ones go first..

not suprised at all..the reality is thats what the majority of Canadians want..

The Liberal government in Ottawa hell-bent on banning hunting and sport rifles, (semi-automatic rifles with CLIPS, not shotguns or handguns. The dictator, Justin Trudeau will be in Parliament on January 27th, 2020 to do this. I do not see it on the news yet perhaps it won't be, but obviously there was a petition made, probably through the Conservatives. People please share and sign the petition as soon as possible as this is crucial. Thank you!

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/...PZbH-g_FXw4_cP96Jj4iljlkqBVzmSEYFzBjRRdtQMSNs
Signed

All I can say is @cayseys dream has watched a little too much Full Metal Jacket in his youth.

FMJ is designed to would, straight thru shots like paper punches.

Don't worry your 30/30 lever was banned in Aussie land too.

Cant recall how many Indians those old levers ever killed eh? Or how many Germans died with a 303 brit between the nugget eh.

Better ban all the baseball bat's, knives, and cars because they kill more people every year than firearms do in 10 years.

The gang bangers are killing each other therefore taking more retards out of the scenario.

I'd love to smash my head off the wall after reading all that bullshit you're pushing Caysey. 7.62 is .308 the most common moose hunting bolt/ lever action rifle you can get. Noone hunts with FMJ rounds, neither would anyone who actually wanted to kill anything or anyone.

. 223 is also one of the most common varmint rounds next to 22-250. No coyote hunters are shooting yotes with FMJ rounds.

As to the mention of the Conservatives mentioning starting the Registry.... The registry was 1/25th of the legislations the libtards threw at us in 1995. It was the least of our worries.

All you hypocrites should start learning to walk cause your car is next.

View attachment 20111
What I posted came from a gov't website about it and all I did was copy and paste. IF you re read what I posted, which was copied and pasted from that website, what it says is "The firearm design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it, including any variant of the AR-15 and those like it, are all restricted. (Note: legally, restricted firearms can only be discharged at shooting ranges; so, while one can use them in competitions, one cannot use them for hunting)

What you're making reference to is a weapon that isn't restricted, so IF they haven't updated that website, and we all know how slow the gov't is at updating anything (unless it involved immediately digging into our wallets for tax purposes), and certain variations of an AR-15 style weapon have been removed from the restricted list, so be it, but I wouldn't know, (I didn't look at every single weapon on the restricted list, and I'm not going to now. It's a very long list and I'm not about to go through the whole damn thing when I don't own any guns anymore nor am I going to) but the last time I looked there were at least 16 different versions of an AR 15 that were still on the restricted list, and THAT is what it said. But if it's on the restricted list, what I copied and pasted still applies. If it's restricted, it can legally only be fired at a shooting range and it can't be used for hunting. So I'm not wrong in that aspect, maybe misinformed by a gov't website, (which shouldn't surprise anyone) but not wrong. Wouldn't be the first time something I copied and pasted from a gov't website was inaccurate, and it probably won't be the last.

That's why when there is some confusion about the fishing regs, and I want clarity, I don't rely on the websites or anyone else's opinion. I do my own research and my own homework on the matter and how I do that is simple, I call the MNRF and get the clarity I need directly from them. That way I know I'm not doing anything illegal and then I share what they've told me with everyone, as well as the name of the person at the Ministry who gave me that information. Some people still choose not to believe what I share that comes directly from the ministry about certain topics. So be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks