Fishing Report Great Morning at Port Glasgow

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We had an outstanding morning on the water fishing. We had our 3 man limit of walleye fairly quickly along with a fist full of bows. I took the Corleone brothers out again and they sure kept me busy with steady action with several double headers and a triple header 2 bows and a wally at once. ? They lost 7 bows while landing 6 others and lost at least a dozen walleye besides. I was so busy setting riggers and Dipsys I lost count. :LOL: Two of the bows were monsters screeching line while cart wheeling all over the lake that I was tempted to take the rod but didn't want to spoil their fun. Needless to say they never landed either one of those. :banghead: We were done in 3 hours but would have been out of there at least an hour earlier had they not lost so many. However when we the pulled boat it was just starting to get really warm and nobody at the dock yet so I think we were first back because nobody else came in while we were there or leaving. Fantastic day on Lake Erie! ???:happy:
The Corleone brothers said they had more fun than doing an afternoon hit on one of the other crime families. ? ?

Water temp 74F
GPS speed 2.7-2.9 mph
Fished 64-68 ft. fow
Riggers down 35 ft.
#1 Dipsys on #3 setting 100 ft. back
All fish caught on SS Mini copper back/spoons best in order were #1 Boy/Girl, #2 Watermelon, #3 Nascar and #4 Wonder bread

Benny with a smaller bow - he involuntarily live released the 2 cart wheeling giants. ?
IMG_20200706_113616.jpgIMG_20200706_113413.jpgIMG_20200706_113420.jpgIMG_20200706_113428.jpg

Damn Bob, that's the biggest Emerald Shiner I've ever seeno_O. How big is the elusive mythical creature you're hunting with that thing:nailbiting::LOL:? You're not purposely dulling the hooks they're using just to make it a little more interesting are ya ;):LOL:

All seriousness tho, nice fish, beautiful color. Nice coolers. Glad you had another great day out on the lake.:D

We had an outstanding morning on the water fishing. We had our 3 man limit of walleye fairly quickly along with a fist full of bows. I took the Corleone brothers out again and they sure kept me busy with steady action with several double headers and a triple header 2 bows and a wally at once. ? They lost 7 bows while landing 6 others and lost at least a dozen walleye besides. I was so busy setting riggers and Dipsys I lost count. :LOL: Two of the bows were monsters screeching line while cart wheeling all over the lake that I was tempted to take the rod but didn't want to spoil their fun. Needless to say they never landed either one of those. :banghead: We were done in 3 hours but would have been out of there at least an hour earlier had they not lost so many. However when we the pulled boat it was just starting to get really warm and nobody at the dock yet so I think we were first back because nobody else came in while we were there or leaving. Fantastic day on Lake Erie! ???:happy:
The Corleone brothers said they had more fun than doing an afternoon hit on one of the other crime families. ? ?

Water temp 74F
GPS speed 2.7-2.9 mph
Fished 64-68 ft. fow
Riggers down 35 ft.
#1 Dipsys on #3 setting 100 ft. back
All fish caught on SS Mini copper back/spoons best in order were #1 Boy/Girl, #2 Watermelon, #3 Nascar and #4 Wonder bread

Benny with a smaller bow - he involuntarily live released the 2 cart wheeling giants. ?
View attachment 24844View attachment 24845View attachment 24846View attachment 24847
Great fishing Robert sounds like a fun morning. Send them down to Burwell still slow down here. Unless u make the run out to 68-70 fow. 16 miles at Burwell

Great fishing Robert sounds like a fun morning. Send them down to Burwell still slow down here. Unless u make the run out to 68-70 fow. 16 miles at Burwell
Yes I know same at Bruce and Stanley a long run. I'm in 70 ft. at Glasgow at like 6 miles that's why I fish there more than the other ports. Besides the Corleone's made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :)

Yes I know same at Bruce and Stanley a long run. I'm in 70 ft. at Glasgow at like 6 miles that's why I fish there more than the other ports. Besides the Corleone's made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :)
How deep is it after you clear the pier in Glascow?

How deep is it after you clear the pier in Glascow?
You know I've gone out there a zillion times but for the life of me Trevor I haven't got a clue. Never once in all the years have I ever bothered to even check. I guess because I'm not a "sinker plinker" it never dawned on me but if I remember I'll look at the FF when I pass that way again. LOL!!! ?

Super report and you had a another great day along with the Corleone brothers. I always love your reports especially when you fish with them . Never touch the Corleone brothers rod or you will swim with the fishes.??
Yeah that's ongoing joke I have with my 2 Italian friends. They aren't even brothers but I call them the Corleone brothers. One time Benny asked my wife and I to a pig roast he was having in his back yard in Lambeth. I think half of Italy was there. ? He was trying to get people to come to start eating and said I don't know how I can get them to hear me so they come. I told him just yell loudly "hey the cement truck is here" they'll all come running with their wheelbarrows and shovels. :LOL:

You know I've gone out there a zillion times but for the life of me Trevor I haven't got a clue. Never once in all the years have I ever bothered to even check. I guess because I'm not a "sinker plinker" it never dawned on me but if I remember I'll look at FF when I pass that way again. LOL!!! ?

We were ALL "sinker plinkers" at one point or another in our lives;):LOL:. Some of us just graduated sooner than others. You know what they say. The only real difference between "the men" and "the boys" is the cost and expense of the upkeep on their toys. I was just curious. I know (roughly) how deep it is around the pier in Bruce.

Great job, hope you left some for us tonite
Oh I'm quite sure you will find lots of walleye left out there and also whacks of bows swimming around. Good luck out there it should be a beautiful evening out on the lake. :)

Wave runner ..if you wouldn't mine sharing how long of leads off the ball ..heading down tmm thanks ..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks