Got Me Some Beef Ribs

hvyhaul

Couldn't get them from old reliable (they list them but no longer carry them :mad::mad:) so I have purchased from a new source.

ribs.jpg

I'll be up early putting them on the smoker for tomorrow's, Friday supper.

Couldn't get them from old reliable (they list them but no longer carry them :mad::mad:) so I have purchased from a new source.

View attachment 52999

I'll be up early putting them on the smoker for tomorrow's, Friday supper.
Is it a secret supplier or can you share your source? I'm not sure I've ever seen them in the grocery store.

No secret, Robert's Fresh and Boxed Meats is where I got them.

I called and was told I could order singles or how many ribs in a rack I wanted.

This is an experiment, I took a pre-packaged section that looked like it had a better than average meat to fat ratio.

If I'm not happy with them, I'll try someone else the next time.

What time is dinner I'm hungry 😋

It will be ready when the ribs are tender, internal still only 169* so it'll be a bit yet.

Funny thing, The Wife always says she isn't hungry when she prepares a big meal. I've only had 3 cups of coffee all day, haven't eaten a thing. LOL

No secret, Robert's Fresh and Boxed Meats is where I got them.

I called and was told I could order singles or how many ribs in a rack I wanted.

This is an experiment, I took a pre-packaged section that looked like it had a better than average meat to fat ratio.

If I'm not happy with them, I'll try someone else the next time.
Working through the process.

View attachment 53007
Nice selection of veggies as well! I wonder what's for dessert... but who needs it!

It will be ready when the ribs are tender, internal still only 169* so it'll be a bit yet.

Funny thing, The Wife always says she isn't hungry when she prepares a big meal. I've only had 3 cups of coffee all day, haven't eaten a thing. LOL
I'm the same when I smoke a juicy chunk of meat all I need is breakfast and black coffee ☕ for the rest of the day and lots of it😋

Well, dinner is over.

Ribs seasoned with only Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Trimmed excess fat and silver skin from top, left membrane on bottom.

Into a 225* smoker at 08:00 pulled at 17:30, used Mesquite pellets and did not spritz or wrap

Part way through added an Acorn squash halved, butter and salt and pepper, carrots and parsnips tossed with Olive oil and sea salt and pepper.

Combined white Button and Crimini Mushrooms sliced, tossed with Canola /Olive oils, crushed garlic, sea salt and pepper also into smoker.

Rested ribs 35 minutes before cutting.

brbsb4.jpgbrbaf.jpg
brcsnd.jpg
brbf2.jpgbrbf1.jpgbrbf3.jpg
brbf4.jpg

Definitely consider this experiment as successful.

Great smoke ring, moist, tender and rich on the pallet.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat, it's less than half the cost of a quality full packer brisket.

Neighbour called to say that he thoroughly enjoyed his rib and Mushrooms as well.

Well, dinner is over.

Ribs seasoned with only Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Trimmed excess fat and silver skin from top, left membrane on bottom.

Into a 225* smoker at 08:00 pulled at 17:30, used Mesquite pellets and did not spritz or wrap

Part way through added an Acorn squash halved, butter and salt and pepper, carrots and parsnips tossed with Olive oil and sea salt and pepper.

Combined white Button and Crimini Mushrooms sliced, tossed with Canola /Olive oils, crushed garlic, sea salt and pepper also into smoker.

Rested ribs 35 minutes before cutting.

Definitely consider this experiment as successful.

Great smoke ring, moist, tender and rich on the pallet.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat, it's less than half the cost of a quality full packer brisket.

Neighbour called to say that he thoroughly enjoyed his rib and Mushrooms as well.
Looks fantastic, perfectly cooked, I'm your neighbor too I just live further away hint hint lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks