Go get em boys and girls

tim_pinnell

With the recent rains you know what that means, go get em. Stay safe and hang on for dear life:D

Hey Tim, went gettin em' today. River has a great colour. The trib further east didn't budge with the rain we got.Our close to home trib has been getting a lot more attention of late. I'm seeing more people that I have never seen before. It's amazing really.I guess becuase of the poor conditions of the Huron watersheds and too many tackle shop owners talking too much! Not that I own the rivers, but not use to seeng that many people on it. There, my rant's over.:p

Take care Tim and see ya on the water.

Regards
KJ

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

fished along side of fishaholic today for 2 hours he put on a fish clinic right in front of my face I managed one creek chub.giller is going to give it hell tommorow.good job KJ.staying away from you tommorow can't take a beating twice in two days fishing nerves might not be able to take it.

Hi all.
Fishaholic.
I for one promise never again to ask a Tackle Shop for advice again.
However, could you provide me with the co-ordinates for that spot.
Tongue in cheek:)

Cheers, Clark

Save some of those chubs for me, Giller. I won't be able to play till 2 tomorrow - I've got to take the daughter to & from work.

WR

Giller
I am sure you learned alot from Ken yesterday. Always ask questions and pay attention to what the more successful anglers do. It is a wonderful past time we all have to enjoy. Good luck tomorrow and stay safe.
Ken
Yes it is definitely getting busier on our local waters for many reasons. I am not going to blame anyone or anything, for me i try to share a bit, I don't give detail on where i fish or not into giving numbers, i prefer to just say ya it was ok, got a few, or it sucked,lol.It really shouldn't surprise us veterans to see all systems getting busier. I think it is more important to educate the newbies on the importance of catch and release etc because whether we like it or not it will continue to grow in popularity, that's just life. Keep your head up and reel to the float,lol. Take care Ken.

I think internet talk, and sites such as facebook do just as much harm if not more than tackle shops... but thats just my opinion.

halloween09.jpg

Quinner. You hit it right on the head and so did you Ken. I've been known to run off at the mouth..... and the key board. Let's face it. Those of us that will drive through blinding snow or freezing rain storms to get a fix floating the seems and log jams are pationate for what we do. And we tend to get yappy either waiting for the season to get going or maybe a little boastful about a few good days that we have had because the guys I know will work their asses off to get their fix even when it is really tough. We all know the adrenaline rush of flipping floats for hours without so much as a touch and then walking into that 1 fish that stays in your memory for a very long time. As hard cores we are junkies and alot of these new faces (example: 2 guys I met Thursday came from Sarnia) are using whatever they can to get a fix just like the rest of us. That's why I try to keep my mouth and keyboard shut. To protect the source of my habit and relief. (And of course we all know how well that works for me at times.):)

Stick

Prepare for every outing as if it were a military mission. Play every fish like you were dancing with the prettiest woman in the room!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KERSPLASH!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Being mostly a Lake Huron angler myself I can tell you that alot of the extra pressure being seen on the Erie tribs can definitely be attributed to the lack of water on the northern rivers. Being that the Erie creeks have a much more consistent base flow it's tempting for us Huron guys to head to a trib that has some colour and a bit of a drift.......

That said, the Erie creeks don't really appeal to me that much due to the lack of "walk and wade" water and excess of wood that inevitably leads to more terminal tackle left in fish than I like. I, as well as many others will likely be back fishing the north tribs as soon as we get some much needed precip.......In fact I spent the last 2 days on a GB tributary laying an beating a ton of chromers that got moving with the last rain we had.......

The fishing should finally be in full swing everywhere if we get the rain that's forcasted on Wednesday.........

Josh

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Roelofsen

Being mostly a Lake Huron angler myself I can tell you that alot of the extra pressure being seen on the Erie tribs can definitely be attributed to the lack of water on the northern rivers. Being that the Erie creeks have a much more consistent base flow it's tempting for us Huron guys to head to a trib that has some colour and a bit of a drift.......

That said, the Erie creeks don't really appeal to me that much due to the lack of "walk and wade" water and excess of wood that inevitably leads to more terminal tackle left in fish than I like. I, as well as many others will likely be back fishing the north tribs as soon as we get some much needed precip.......In fact I spent the last 2 days on a GB tributary laying an beating a ton of chromers that got moving with the last rain we had.......

The fishing should finally be in full swing everywhere if we get the rain that's forcasted on Wednesday.........

Josh

Altohugh erie creeks are full of wood, if you know what youre doing, you should not be leaving terminal tackle in fish. Of all the fish I've caught in the last couple years, I've maybe broken off 3 fish max. Of course it may not be the same for people with less experience, but I will agree, it sucks loosing a ton of terminal tackle just to snags and lumber.

In the end, its all about catch and release, and proper release. The thrill for me is hooking and fighting the steel, a pic and then to watch it take off again. I release all my fish and if everyone was like me, the fisheries would never be abused, due to humans anyway. Too many people who drive their "SUV's or tucks" but need to catch their next meal....

halloween09.jpg

It's threads like this one that cause extra pressure on the Erie tribs. No names are mentioned but it's not to hard to figure it out. Sounds like most are you are running into each other down at the river, why not keep the talk about how good or bad it was down there.

I'd agree, wish this thread was never started, and thats why I never do start them, I responded to it yes, but if I didnt someone else would have.

halloween09.jpg

Same with pictures with easily recognized back grounds eh #
Quinner LOL I think the pressure will slow down once the huron and G-bay tribs have some good numbers of fish like Josh said they are lookin for a steelie fix anyway they can get it.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

"Altohugh erie creeks are full of wood, if you know what youre doing, you should not be leaving terminal tackle in fish. Of all the fish I've caught in the last couple years, I've maybe broken off 3 fish max. Of course it may not be the same for people with less experience,"

??????WTF?

You guys couldn't get me to the river if you told me I could catch them with my bare hands :D. Too much work just getting there. I think most of the lurkers here would agree. It is nice though to live vicariously through the site members who are kind enough to share the occasional report about and/or pictures of their adventures on the rivers.

When I lived in Mississauga my townhouse backed onto the credit river. I just started to get the hang of steelheading that wide, rocky river then moved out here. First winter I gave it a shot and pretty much gave up since! lol I'm no a patient man and can't handle all the wood and snags. I spent more time re-tying than fishing. Not for me - I'll fish open water bow's and brown's at certain times of the year and leave the trib fishing to you hardcore guys!

Fishaholic,will you take me fishing this Sat.I am home for the winter.Mind if i bring a few friends,Ronnie,Whitey,Kevin Parker,Johny Rawson,Al,Billy Dixon,Carl,Timbo.I hope i am not forgetting anyone from Rainbow Valley.Is there a spot where we can bring a couch and hang a few lanterns?
I'll bring the sandwiches.
I will be waiting for your call:D
Big Rod
<"{{{{{{{><

big rod

Rod. I know a place where the couch is already there. You guys bring beer, lots of it!!!!!!:D

Stick

Prepare for every outing as if it were a military mission. Play every fish like you were dancing with the prettiest woman in the room!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KERSPLASH!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

BR dont forget the wheebarrow:D

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

In the end, its all about catch and release, and proper release. The thrill for me is hooking and fighting the steel, a pic and then to watch it take off again. I release all my fish and if everyone was like me, the fisheries would never be abused, due to humans anyway. Too many people who drive their "SUV's or tucks" but need to catch their next meal....

you almost make it sound like you frown upon those who choose to keep a fish for a few meals...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks