Off Topic GLSpoons

Natural sports always has good selection of trolling spoons, and lots of other stuff. They re good people, keep the stock up to date and the owner is an avid fisherman.

@Wave Runner @Red Hering thanks gentlemen. I do prefer supporting these small shops. Looks like I'll be going for a drive to grab some
Thank you for supporting the local stores, we really appreciate it!

Wave Runner, I appreciate you posting the retail stores we are in!! :)

Earlier in the thread someone asked about the split rings, we use 2x strong split rings and hooks because we know many of us go for walleye and salmon and every lure need to be strong enough for both. This beauty 33.7lb was caught by Captain Moe last year using our regular 3 1/4” purple chicken (copper back). We’ve actually been catching a lot of salmon with the little spoons.

Christina

1614776080434.jpeg

I don't know how everyone else feels/thinks about having the manufacturer participating in a thread about their product. :unsure:

I think it is great, well actually more than great, and wish more of them would show up from time to time. :)

Not just to hawk their product but to contribute the way Christina has.

Good on you Christina, I hadn't planned on a purchase of GLS, but I'm going to add some (more GLS) to my somewhat conservative collection of spoons. :oops::p

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the positive feedback and business!

To answer a few of the questions - the split rings are top quality stainless steel, we have never had a complaint regarding one breaking, we personally fish every chance we get and have never had a single issue. They're american made not cheap offshore junk. Our spoons are brass based, not steel, so they won't ever rust and every spoon is coated with an epoxy formula so they last considerably longer and still look great.

We enjoy making custom spoons during the off season, if we like them we make some for ourselves too, if they work well we start to produce them for the stores. :)

We can't duplicate all of the spoons on our website on every size of spoon. Even though we have a wall of decal options, not all the large ladders for example will fit on the smaller spoons. We can duplicate anything paint as we airbrush it. Please feel free to email me, I'll let you know if we can do it. We manufacture in the Grand Bend area, any locals are welcome to stop by and choose tapes, decals and paint colours in person.

We appreciate all of the business but we want to remind everyone that quite a few local stores carry our spoons and always have them in stock. Angling Outfitters in Woodstock carries every copper we make along with all other popular spoons including magnums. Natural Sports in Kitchener has most of our spoons and a dozen other stores carry a solid selection. We appreciate the package orders, if you're looking to get less than 10 we love sending our customers to the local stores. Feel free to let us know what you are looking for and we'll let you know where they are in stock. Retail has been hurting because of Covid and if we don't support them they won't be there when we need them. Thanks again for the business, we're a small Canadian company and want to be here long term too!

Christina
I am having problems sending messafe thru your website link

Is there a phone # I can call , I am looking yo have some custom spoons made as well as a mix and match 16 pk if possible20201213_002316.jpg

I don't know how everyone else feels/thinks about having the manufacturer participating in a thread about their product. :unsure:

I think it is great, well actually more than great, and wish more of them would show up from time to time. :)

Not just to hawk their product but to contribute the way Christina has.

Good on you Christina, I hadn't planned on a purchase of GLS, but I'm going to add some (more GLS) to my somewhat conservative collection of spoons. :oops::p
Thanks, Hvyhaul. Anyone interested, please check the local retail stores for the custom spoons. We get many of the new spoon ideas from custom orders. We usually make a few for ourselves and if they work well we produce them for the stores. We actually add new spoons to the local stores way before they hit our website so best to go there for them. Angling Outfitters in Woodstock and Natural Sports in Kitchener have virtually all of the spoons in this thread. Thanks for all the support and supporting the local businesses!!

(Puddle Jumper) sending you my cell number for customs spoons.

To admin, happy to support this website, please reach out. It won't be to sell our spoons direct, our goal will be to promote all of the stores that carry our spoons, they are the reason a small Canadian business like us has lasted 6 or so years that we have been doing this professionally. Thanks everyone.

@poconokidII... I ordered also by email and paid by e-transfer $96 + tax with free shipping for a 16 pack. You can pick which colours and size you prefer as they are very accommodating. This is the 16 pack I chose for myself and she even threw in an extra free one to try. 👍🙂

View attachment 38164
Have them all Wave Runner. Nascar, mixed veggie and bl/orange chicken wing were very productive for me last year. Love that GLS is an Ontario company. No issues with hooks or split rings and have been using them for 3 years. Great prices especially when you buy the packages. Lots of copper backs now in their selection.

I, too, received an order from GLS, although I went with the 16 unit Lake Erie package. The overall appearance is quite satisfying, hope Mr. n Mrs. Wally agree. Does any one know the 'weighting' of the split rings, or if there were any problems with them in the past?

Many thanks
Not sure of weighting but no issues at all with split rings.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks