Glasgow

fishing girl pink

Another great day out on Lake Erie. Day didn’t start off so well. Saw a man fall in at the dock between the dock and the wall. My hubby was able to pull him out. My heart was in my throat. I hope he’s ok.
fishing was amazing. Not one fish caught on a lure all crank baits. And yes the dollar store one was the first one to go off.
I think Glasgow is my favourite place to launch. I do like Burwell but Glasgow has been great this year.
fished 60 to 70.

Good on your hubby quick response to get the person out 👏👏
Great fishing getting walleye on crankbait
Where you trolling it with out diving devices and added weight ?

We were running Dipsies at 3 125-145 back and nothing.all riggers today. What is your boat/call sign? Ive been going to Glasgow lately and we should hook up on the lake

Well the man that fell was my buddy, around 5.30am. He is OK, no bruises showing yet. A bit sore, took some Advil. If I remember right @waverunner was saying the following morning was worse. Thanks to your hubby for the help. But overall a great day, 4 man limit by 12.00. Interestingly enough, only 4 fish came off dipseys, all the rest came off the riggers with Blue/Silver RRF at 35-40’ in the 53’ - 60’ range. Found a school and worked it the whole morning. In our past 5 outings riggers did nothing. Biggest fish was 24”. At some point we counted 85 boats that we could see. Trucks were parked on the side of the road to the top of the hill.

Attachments

• 0C64D480-1CB4-43EE-9AE7-FDBB637FDA49.jpeg
    0C64D480-1CB4-43EE-9AE7-FDBB637FDA49.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 9F2162A4-912D-4788-B589-A3D2A402DDB0.jpeg
    9F2162A4-912D-4788-B589-A3D2A402DDB0.jpeg
    734.6 KB · Views: 52
Well the man that fell was my buddy, around 5.30am. He is OK, no bruises showing yet. A bit sore, took some Advil. If I remember right @waverunner was saying the following morning was worse. Thanks to your hubby for the help. But overall a great day, 4 man limit by 12.00. Interestingly enough, only 4 fish came off dipseys, all the rest came off the riggers with Blue/Silver RRF at 35-40’ in the 53’ - 60’ range. Found a school and worked it the whole morning. In our past 5 outings riggers did nothing. Biggest fish was 24”. At some point we counted 85 boats that we could see. Trucks were parked on the side of the road to the top of the hill.
Glad your buddy is ok. I’m extra happy you caught fish and had a good day.
I was thinking about your buddy all day. Thanks for letting us know he’s ok.
he had just helped my husband at the pay machine. That’s a easy spot to fall And a hard spot to get out of by yourself. Hubby says sorry about the wedgie he thought that was the best way to land him lol . He was our biggest catch of the day!! Lol

True 😂, I tried to lift him by the arm with no success. As safety is a big part of my job, I wonder if the operator of the marina is aware of the incidents and will do something about it before someone gets hurt really bad. The other thing I wanted to mention about fishing, today we lost 6 walleyes within 10’ of the boat, all from the blue/silver RRF. Something was odd. We have not lost many fish before today. Anyway, probably the best fishing day of the year, so far. Between the lakes, the community around this site and the fishing stores, we are very lucky! Thanks everybody for helping out, most of what I am doing I have learned here.

Hey @Bentrod I find with walleye most lost fish almost always are the ones that hit light which only get hooked in the outer part of the lip which is soft. Many times the hook eventually tears through mostly at the net when thrashing around. When they hit good then usually are hooked in the hard part of the mouth so generally don't come unhooked easily. Some days we loose several, other days none. The good part it's not a big deal with the numbers of walleye we have out there we all just catch another. ;) :)

Also congrats on your success yesterday and happy to hear your buddy wasn't seriously hurt. How is he doing this morning?

That’s what I was wondering in the other post. We did not call them, you have a good point. I will call them tomorrow.

Which side did you launch on E or W and what was the issue with the dock. Maybe a warning for all of us.
Thanks.

West side, the single ramp. The moving walkway from the ground to the fixed walkway is against the concrete wall. About 25’ out the fixed walkway is about 12” from the concrete wall. He stepped into that gap. @waverunner has a much better description in an older post about 2 weeks ago from when he fell into that gap.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks