Fishing Report Glasgow Sunday May 31 - live

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Slow day so far but Beth just reeled in this monster....everything seems to be in under 40fow. Only hitting on body baits and planer boards 4 and 5 color

Attachments

• 6D32B638-9758-4FAE-9991-B60FBEAC0529.jpeg
    6D32B638-9758-4FAE-9991-B60FBEAC0529.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
The final tally. I’m ahead in numbers. Beths ahead in inches and biggest fish.

Attachments

• AD604FA9-6C98-4599-8E6E-3A21C3FFDB21.jpeg
    AD604FA9-6C98-4599-8E6E-3A21C3FFDB21.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
Nice catch...we came home skunked. Fished from 2:30 -5:30pm in 30 - 35 fow and only marked a few fish. Water started getting rough so we came in. CO stopped for a visit and said one boat of two guys got their limit.

Nice walleyes there Rastam4n, congrats lake looks calmer than i thought it would be.
It was choppy all morning, the wind was up and down and never really settled down... Autopilot struggled a bit going into the wind, but most of the boats were down wind of where we were catching so that all worked out!

My take aways from the day.
1. if we did not have planer boards we would have caught one fish
2. speed is a factor, I had my rigger down with a fishhawk probe and kept my speed at 1.8 mph.
3. its hard to tell if you have a fish on with in line planer boards.
4. the fish are generally bigger this year... and after a nice dinner... they taste just as good!

Rastam4n you should bleed out your walleyes for cleaner fillets .Also cleaner fillet table too.What you do is take a pair of scissors and cut the walleye in the throat area and put in live well ,wait 5 min then put walleye on ice in cooler.Were you using big boards or in lines.

Rastam4n you should bleed out your walleyes for cleaner fillets .Also cleaner fillet table too.What you do is take a pair of scissors and cut the walleye in the throat area and put in live well ,wait 5 min then put walleye on ice in cooler.Were you using big boards or in lines.
I agree, new boat and not set up for that yet. I will be ready next time!
We were using inlin, large offshore boards

Looking at the size of your fish - you are going to need a bath tub for a cooler or live well next trip out.
For what it's worth - I don't have a livewell. I have a heavy rope stringer I leave tied i place to drop over the side....reel in fish, from net to stringer then over the side - let is hang in the water 5 minutes then drop it on ice in the cooler. Works slick enough - except those times when the catch is hot - then I have to go from net to cooler, then cooler to stringer after taking the bled one off.....oh, the troubles of catching fish faster than you can bleed them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks