Fishing Report Glascow wed am

Chipper1

Launched about 745 and stayed in close to shore working a little hump I've done very well on this year. Was fishing next to a commercial boat that was pulling a couple nets.. zero walleye on this spot, but did put a 7lb bow in the box in 17fow on a custom deep husky jerk, commercial guys had eyes and perch in their nets. About 920 decided to run out to deeper water, stopped in 62',, lots of marks between 40 and 50 down. Ran a couple deep taildancers 13s in. Clown and hot tiger with a 2oz inline weight about 4' i front of them. Set one line 120 back the other 140 back, had my limit of 2.5-3lb eyes in an hour with 3 smaller throw backs. They are still out there,, just need the weather to cooperate!

ya i have been out 17 trips and the gill nets are still cleaning out the lake..last trip out last friday one dover tug barely made it back in it had way to much weight..whata sight..ya that erieau tug fishin west of glasgow on a bigger inshore hump one day took every last fish and just like you we were forced to move..

are they going to put a dent in the fishery with the amount of fish out there..

I believe they increased the walleye quota by 1.5 million fish (that’s fish not pounds) for 2019 so it’s highly unlikely the commercial guys are having a negative impact. The perch quota was decreased this year so I would think the more walleye they take the better it is for perch.

Launched about 745 and stayed in close to shore working a little hump I've done very well on this year. Was fishing next to a commercial boat that was pulling a couple nets.. zero walleye on this spot, but did put a 7lb bow in the box in 17fow on a custom deep husky jerk, commercial guys had eyes and perch in their nets. About 920 decided to run out to deeper water, stopped in 62',, lots of marks between 40 and 50 down. Ran a couple deep taildancers 13s in. Clown and hot tiger with a 2oz inline weight about 4' i front of them. Set one line 120 back the other 140 back, had my limit of 2.5-3lb eyes in an hour with 3 smaller throw backs. They are still out there,, just need the weather to cooperate!
good job the fish will be there for awhile yet sunday looks ok in the morning I will be out if its fishable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks