Off Topic Giving back...for the kids

Reel Therapy

As I look back on my 40+ years of fishing I have been very fortunate in having people teach me things as well as provide much needed items to fish. I would like to take the opportunity to be able to return the favour to "kids" that really enjoy fishing. To start this off as a 2023 initiative I have been going through some of my fishing stuff (don't tell my wife that I have to much) and have found some equipment that is in very good shape that I no longer use, that said I would like to be able to help out some younger fisher people to get a start or to add to some of their equipment. I have included pictures below of what I have as of now. There is no cost for these items.

Stipulations:

• Must be 16 or younger
  • Pickup just outside of Guelph will be Saturday December 17th around noon
  • Parent, Grandparent or Guardian must be a member of 68 with ROC status
  • Open to first 5 people that PM for details (want to make sure everyone gets something)
  • If an opportunity arises in the future you-they are able to pay back one day
PM for details regarding pick up location.

Look forward to meeting some members and future fisher people.

Stay tuned for more big things to come in 2023!

Tight lines

RT
IMG_0450.jpgIMG_0451.jpgIMG_0452.jpg

As I look back on my 40+ years of fishing I have been very fortunate in having people teach me things as well as provide much needed items to fish. I would like to take the opportunity to be able to return the favour to "kids" that really enjoy fishing. To start this off as a 2023 initiative I have been going through some of my fishing stuff (don't tell my wife that I have to much) and have found some equipment that is in very good shape that I no longer use, that said I would like to be able to help out some younger fisher people to get a start or to add to some of their equipment. I have included pictures below of what I have as of now. There is no cost for these items.

Stipulations:

• Must be 16 or younger
  • Open to first 5 people that PM for details (want to make sure everyone gets something)

Tight lines

RT
View attachment 68716View attachment 68717View attachment 68718
Good for you. You will make someone a life time memory. God bless you

After looking at the pics I thought you might want to hang on to the blue/chrome Warrior on the right. :unsure: ;)

Then......... nope, some youth will benefit from the generosity, it belongs in the group.

Good on you Davin, you will cause some significant moments in a number of lives with this, and memories beyond compare yet to come. 🌻

Thanks for all of the positive replies, I do truly believe in being able to give back. I am going to postpone the pick up date till the new year to hopefully get some interest from some members. Please if you have or know of a child that could use some fishing gear please send me a PM.

Thanks everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!

RT

A very nice offer, my 2 younger lads fit your bill, but they have all my stuff to raid so extra gear is not required. Let us know if you have trouble meeting your criteria and I’ll ask my middle boy if he has any friends at school that need some gear. I know a couple that fish the grand with him and dads aren’t fishermen!

A very nice offer, my 2 younger lads fit your bill, but they have all my stuff to raid so extra gear is not required. Let us know if you have trouble meeting your criteria and I’ll ask my middle boy if he has any friends at school that need some gear. I know a couple that fish the grand with him and dads aren’t fishermen!
Please do as of now I have not had anyone come forward. That said I have had a member that would also like to help with the giving of equipment for the kids.

Stipulations:

• Must be 16 or younger

Tight lines

RT
View attachment 68716View attachment 68717View attachment 68718
That’s a coincidence, I just listed the same green tackle box for free, if you get two people looking for that tacklebox let me know
great initiative….

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks