Getting Ready....

Reel Therapy

I took advantage of the long weekend to take my daughter down to the fishing show on Saturday. Had a nice time walking around and checking out the vendors and manufactures. It did however give me the bug to start thinking about the upcoming season :). I decided today to redo all off my harnesses, do some new ones and try something new for storing them. I have included a picture of how I am now storing them, I did this set up last year for my Salmon meat harnesses and worked well. Keeps them neat and visible at a quick glance. I can have 26 set up ready to go.

Tight Lines

RT

Last edited:
Nice idea. (y)

The past Fall I realized that I had collected a bunch as well so I cut a piece of pool noodle and lined them all up.

If it doesn't work out as hoped I just might take advantage of your method.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks @hvyhaul I did use a noodle for the last couple of years. Found they got a bit tangled after a few times out. Hopefully this helps, worked with the Salmon ones.

Tight Lines

RT

I really like the idea Real Therapy. My concern is with floro leaders that bending them I hear breaks the transparency. Anyone else hear that theory?

Flouro being transparent is BS to begin with so I don't think it will matter at all. The invisibility claim is just a marketing ploy that worked very, very well. Flouro has a slightly less shiny finish than most mono lines and will reflect a little less sunlight in some situations but it most definitely is not invisible. In most situations the different is not noticeable IMO.

Josh

Hi @rockin-steelhead they are not really bent but I cut the ends on the 1" closed cell foam and they loop around as opposed to bend. I did not have any issues with the salmon rigs last year.

Tight Lines
RT

I have had a few people PM me asking some questions so I thought I would respond to all.
I have included some pictures of the rigs I use for Salmon and what they look like in box. I also have included at close up of the foam and where I cut it wrap the line around.
As for the foam it is appox 1" thick and I believe I got it out of some packaging for an appliance or TV can't remember for sure. The box I use is a 3700 deep single opening, this holds 2 levels of foam, I use an industrial paper towel between them so the hooks don't get caught up in the line from the one above. Most tackle stores would have something. One member @Gethooked did tell me that dollarama has something similar I will be checking that out as well. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask I am no expert but if I can share I am more then happy too.
Tight Lines
RT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks