Geary's Sportsman Lodge - Moose Hunting

Was thinking the same. Red lake fishing is insane. Just a long drive. Americans cant come over so maybe that's why it's cheaper? If my buddy didnt get a tag I'd definitely consider it.

@Fish Whisperer and @Rock Brett Geary is a friend of mine. I lived there for six years and was in that camp too many times to count. The fishing is truly insane and the moose season is heart pounding. Brett was born the same year 1958 his dad finished the first cabins there. Brett has worked that business his entire life. He absolutely lives for Moose hunting and is putting them out cheap for canadians to help save the hunt as it is the one thing he waits for patiently each year. Yes it is a haul. I am going up from delhi this year. It is well worth it trust a fellow hunter and angler. The cabins are nice and well stocked. There is a sprawling beach and mile and miles of shoreline to hunt. If you enlist Brett as your guide you probability of success is huge. Brett also offers a tent camp and an outpost for moose but the flying makes it expensive as they are a long ways up. Give him a call. Ask for references. The same crews go every year. Visit sportsmanslv.com and search the albums.

Check on the status - Red Lake had a bad fire (which will improve moose hunting next year and for a few years). I shot my first moose in the Red Lake area and absolutely love it there. I used to fly on Scareskin and meet up with some friends when work was hectic but not sure you can (or want to) do that now. Hunted there 10 years and would have continued going if my friend didn't move out.

Check on the status - Red Lake had a bad fire (which will improve moose hunting next year and for a few years). I shot my first moose in the Red Lake area and absolutely love it there. I used to fly on Scareskin and meet up with some friends when work was hectic but not sure you can (or want to) do that now. Hunted there 10 years and would have continued going if my friend didn't move out.
The lodge is north of the town and there is a very healthy moose population. I absolutely love the area but had to move with the money. This particular lake is very large and only has 1 other cabin on it at the far southern end. It is the perfect moose oasis. Look up Little Vermillion Lake on earth. It is just north of Red.

The lodge is north of the town and there is a very healthy moose population. I absolutely love the area but had to move with the money. This particular lake is very large and only has 1 other cabin on it at the far southern end. It is the perfect moose oasis. Look up Little Vermillion Lake on earth. It is just north of Red.
Hey thanks, I didn't know it was Little V... I just looked - I used to hunt and fish north of that lake (Nungesser) but regrettably won't go anymore. I wish I could get in a trip this year - prices do look very good.
cheers

@Letsfish sounds like a wicked guy. I'll wait for my group to get skunked on tags and he will be my first call. Love too have a beer with him and listen too his stories with all that moose hunting experience. I'm sure hes got some beauties.

@Letsfish sounds like a wicked guy. I'll wait for my group to get skunked on tags and he will be my first call. Love too have a beer with him and listen too his stories with all that moose hunting experience. I'm sure hes got some beauties.
Oh yes. He had a bull come out right on top of his hunter last year. Right on top of him archery hunting.

It might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit the lodges/resorts that typically only attract wealthy US customers.

That’s a great area we hunt snake falls and have flown 149miles into camp north of red lake . After 9 days in camp moose hunting I was sick of catch fish just trolling the edge

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks