Gas Prices!!

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Gas prices here in Ingersoll hit 119.9 a liter this morning.Guy in the store said by summer gas prices will be close to 1.50 a liter.Isnt that just great news for us fisherman.Well for that matter anyone who drives..[:(!]

Kirk

Yes i think it going to hurt alot of people ...Operators of camps and fisherman in general

kirkplewes,here in London,it is 121.4.I think I will gas up in Ingersoll-LOL.I was heading towards Long Point Bay this morning from London,around 5:30 a.m.,and the weather was bad on the 401,so I turned around and will try again another day.Plus the price of gas went up overnight from 117.3 from yesterday.(luckily I had already filled up on Wednesday).Well,I will not be looking at any Bass Boats this weekend,with a 300 H.p. motor on it at the London Boat/Fishing Show anytime soon.My pension is good,but I have to be very conservative about things,if I still plan on Fishing in the Future.My 90 H.p. Mercury 4 Stroke motor is excellent on gas.8D

RED FISH

Hey All

Don't want to add salt to the wound but I just bought gas in St Thomas for 110.3 , I filled up everything we own . On the way home drove by the petro-can and it was 123.9 [:(!] [V] and it's suppost to get higher . I thought they were only 5% of the worlds gas !!!!!!!............apps

Red Herring. Too bad you turned around this morning. It was a perfect day down here, at least on the "crick". Grey skies and very little breeze. The perfect first day back on the moving water for me anyway. 0/1 on Bows and this little beauty.

Sorry. This little beauty.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

Thanks Wojo. Only cost me about 7 bucks worth of gas to get it. No 4 bucks cause I filled up at $1.11.9. Wow cheap gas, NOT. I used to pump gas in the 80's for 29.9 a litre. We'd cruise to London and St T all night in my V8 El Camino for about $10. And open up the 4 barrels regularly and not care how much it cost in fuel.......or rubber. ...........

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

the good old days , gas fumes and burning rubber and not a care in the world !!..........apps

great looking fish stick, fished hard water at old cut today with brotherinlaw kept 11 fish not that great.

Good thing Craig and I left all that unfished water for you stick.;) Nice fish. Didnt put much effort in today, think I will wait til it warms up a tad, or gas becomes cheaper lol

halloween09.jpg

Originally posted by Stick

Thanks Wojo. Only cost me about 7 bucks worth of gas to get it. No 4 bucks cause I filled up at $1.11.9. Wow cheap gas, NOT. I used to pump gas in the 80's for 29.9 a litre. We'd cruise to London and St T all night in my V8 El Camino for about $10. And open up the 4 barrels regularly and not care how much it cost in fuel.......or rubber. ...........

Stick
Here's showing my age- in the 70's gas at the Beaver station in London was .45 cents a GALLON and smokes were 50 cents for a small 20 pack reg or .55 cents for kingsize OUCH

I used to pump gas in the 80's for 29.9 a litre. We'd cruise to London and St T all night in my V8 El Camino for about $10. And open up the 4 barrels regularly and not care how much it cost in fuel.......or rubber. ...........

Well, I used to pump gas on the 401 at Beachville and was working there when the pump price went over $1/gallon (.22/l) and Elvis died.
Back then I was driving a Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 4 barrel. Now I drive a F250 with V10 and a 69 Cutlass w/455 4barrel.

Theres just no replacement for displacement!

Then again that Ford is going to suck about 60 bucks to make it tow the sled and ATV to the lake and back on Sunday.....

I get gas on the reserve. Usually 10 cents cheaper. This ford girl will never give up her F150 no matter how high the gas prices are. I will sacrifice my boat and fish in my Sportspal. Fish don't care what size engine you have! Trolling motor will do me just fine.[}:)]

so after reading this post last night I have decided to stay home this morning, instead of trying my luck out on the bay. Its a 1 hour drive one way. I guess if the fishing reports were more postive i might have gone out. this is really going to hurt the average person. it sucks!

Stick,nice Beauty of a Brown,congratulations,it is a nice way for you to start the moving water season.;)I guess that day when I turned around to go to Long Point Bay,I should of waited it out for awhile,because like you said,the weather was not bad were you where Fishing,compared to my area.The last thing I wanted to do was go back Home,especially when you have a Fishing trip on the Brain.Good Luck on the rest of your moving water season.I will give the hard water season a little bit longer,before I will pull out my Steelhead Rods.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks