FRYING WALLEYES

fishlessam

Just curious as to what type of cooking oil everyone uses to fry perch or walleye fillets in?

I’ve heard you can blend some peanut oil in with canola to increase the smoke point and add some flavour. On my list to try when I get a round tooit

Olive oil breaks down at high temps and burns. Not a good choice for batter fried, but works well for low temp cooking. best oil for hi temps frying, such as battered, is peanut oil doesn't break down and can be reused many times. Just pour it through a paper towel in a filter to keep the crumbs out. Canola is a good all types selection, but won't be re usable the same as peanut oil

If you like English style batter, Cash and Carry in Brantford has this Krusto premix. I just add water to about tempura consistency and it turns out mint. No slimy crap under the crisp exterior and does not mop up the grease if your oil is the right temp. Give it a try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 18
If you like English style batter, Cash and Carry in Brantford has this Krusto premix. I just add water to about tempura consistency and it turns out mint. No slimy crap under the crisp exterior and does not mop up the grease if your oil is the right temp. Give it a try.
Thanks, will grab some next time Iam in the neighborhood , currently I use Cajun style seasoning on mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 10
Egg whites only. Interesting. Doesn’t load it up with the egg taste, I suppose, eh?
I think also when the yolk is in there it isn’t as sticky the the breading doesn’t stick as good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks