Fresh fence row asparagus

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I've been waiting for this, as many have I'm sure. one of my favorite foods. Especially when paired with a baked potato, fried mushrooms and a nice steak.
I have a ditch bank that is beside a field that grew asparagus 30 years ago. Farmer only lets me harvest and last years started on May 4th and today was the day.
Managed 2 pounds 10 oz in about 20 minutes. Last year yielded 44 pounds in 8 trips out.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 18
I'm envious.

Years ago I bought asparagus from a grower that worked in the Budd Auto powerhouse.

He'd pick it to order, bring it to work.

So fresh, so good. :giggle:😃

I'm envious.

Years ago I bought asparagus from a grower that worked in the Budd Auto powerhouse.

He'd pick it to order, bring it to work.

So fresh, so good. :giggle:😃
I have a coworker who grows and brings in fresh cut to order asparagus, sooooo good 🤤

I've been waiting for this, as many have I'm sure. one of my favorite foods. Especially when paired with a baked potato, fried mushrooms and a nice steak.
I have a ditch bank that is beside a field that grew asparagus 30 years ago. Farmer only lets me harvest and last years started on May 4th and today was the day.
Managed 2 pounds 10 oz in about 20 minutes. Last year yielded 44 pounds in 8 trips out.@g
@GPS - this harvest looks so much better than the pencil thin stuff that's in the grocery stores!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks