Off Topic FREE WEEKEND

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
The question I have is this. I will turn 65 on December 28th. My outdoors card is both for fishing and hunting although with my health these days I do not go hunting. I will not need a fishing license next year but the question remains do I still need an Outdoors card and if so do I have to pay for it.
You won’t need an outdoor card, unless you are like myself I apply as a group member of a moose hunt and only go if I happen to get tagged ( about once in 7 years)

I am totally confused now @Trevor M and thanks for your help on this matter,but I need to call the Aylmer Ministry of Natural Resources sometime tomorrow if I can’t find out any information on this in the 2019 Fishing Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary.
Pages 6 through 9 Red. When I got my 3 year last year I was told to keep BOTH the card when it showed up and the yellow paper copy they give you just in case. Ministry said once the card showed up I don't need to keep the paper anymore, but I just put them together in my wallet so if or when asked, I have both to show the CO.

BUT, once you turn 65 you're not required to have them anymore for fishing. Don't know what you need for hunting as I don't hunt..

Pages 6 through 9 Red. When I got my 3 year last year I was told to keep BOTH the card when it showed up and the yellow paper copy they give you just in case. Ministry said once the card showed up I don't need to keep the paper anymore, but I just put them together in my wallet so if or when asked, I have both to show the CO.
Great information @Trevor M and thanks again for your help. ???

You
You won’t need an outdoor card, unless you are like myself I apply as a group member of a moose hunt and only go if I happen to get tagged ( about once in 7 years)
do not need an outdoor card or a licence to fish after 65th birthday. You do need an official government identification with picture and birthdate to prove age. Ie drivers licence health card or pass port...
If you hunt you need an outdoor card to purchase moose deer small game migratory bird or any other hunting licence.
So if you don’t hunt only fish there is no need to purchase outdoor cards the year following your 65th birthday.
Easy peasy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks