Off Topic FREE WEEKEND

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
The question I have is this. I will turn 65 on December 28th. My outdoors card is both for fishing and hunting although with my health these days I do not go hunting. I will not need a fishing license next year but the question remains do I still need an Outdoors card and if so do I have to pay for it.

The question I have is this. I will turn 65 on December 28th. My outdoors card is both for fishing and hunting although with my health these days I do not go hunting. I will not need a fishing license next year but the question remains do I still need an Outdoors card and if so do I have to pay for it.

The question I have is---- when is mother nature going to start cooperating and turn the damn wind machine off this year? Doesn't she realize these licenses aren't exactly cheap for those of us who still require them LOL.

I hear ya. All those "minor" aches and pains I attributed to being just the result of "a hard days work," yeah turns out I was in a lot more trouble than I thought I was which has resulted in the back, hip, and shoulder problems I have today, simply because I didn't listen to my body or my doctors in my younger days.

There's a lot of things I used to be able to do that I no longer can that I took for granted, fishing from before sunrise to after sunset being one of those things. Although I can still get out and go fishing, not like I once could or for as long.

Do I actually need a license when I could qualify for the disability exemption. Answer is YES, because it's easier to pay for a 3 year license than it is to go through all that paperwork to get the exemption.

All you need is a parking permit. My daughter hasn't needed a licence in a long time.

All you need is a parking permit. My daughter hasn't needed a licence in a long time.

I'm aware. Like I said earlier, when this happened, my doctor at the time wasn't interested in discussing it, let alone even considering doing the required paperwork. "I can't risk my reputation or license, so I can't fill these papers out for you." The only paperwork she would fill out for me was the CRA disability tax credit forms, and she made it clear she could not and would not answer the questions on it in a way that would be favorable to me, and she didn't resulting in my application being denied even though they acknowledge the limitations I now have, but IF I end up requiring a mobility aid 100% of the time, ie a cane, scooter, walker, or wheelchair, I could reapply and they'd re-evaluate at that time. I could rarely get in to see her when I needed too. She lost test results. She wasn't listening when I did manage to get in to see her, and she obviously had not read my file when she took over the practice from my previous doctor, her predecessor.

So I found a doctor closer to home who not only listened to what I told her during our initial meeting, but I have yet to call and be told they can't fit me in, (they get me in within a couple hours of me calling) She is willing to work with me, and if I can afford to start going again, my chiro as well, plus fill out any paperwork I may bring her, or that she suggests I should look in to, and fired my old doctor. I'm just waiting for my current doctor to come back from Mat Leave at which time she wants to see me again to discuss a treatment plan going forward. (the condition is chronic, recurring, and will never improve or go away, but it can get worse.)

Support the fishieres and your government they may need more holidays

The question I have is---- when is mother nature going to start cooperating and turn the damn wind machine off this year? Doesn't she realize these licenses aren't exactly cheap for those of us who still require them LOL.
It looks not too bad @scrimmy for this coming week wind conditions for the great lakes and our fishing license will pay for themselves because on how much some of the grocery stores are charging for walleye’s,(photo’s),these days!! Tight lines and walleye’s and maybe even a rainbow on this coming week and beyond!! ? ???:)

Attachments

• 21EB60FA-682B-435C-8D7E-22B06FF9F1BC.jpeg
    21EB60FA-682B-435C-8D7E-22B06FF9F1BC.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 13
  • F8EC9DFF-ED3A-4FCB-8A65-E8F79408CCEE.jpeg
    F8EC9DFF-ED3A-4FCB-8A65-E8F79408CCEE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
I'm aware. Like I said earlier, when this happened, my doctor at the time wasn't interested in discussing it, let alone even considering doing the required paperwork. "I can't risk my reputation or license, so I can't fill these papers out for you." The only paperwork she would fill out for me was the CRA disability tax credit forms, and she made it clear she could not and would not answer the questions on it in a way that would be favorable to me, and she didn't resulting in my application being denied even though they acknowledge the limitations I now have, but IF I end up requiring a mobility aid 100% of the time, ie a cane, scooter, walker, or wheelchair, I could reapply and they'd re-evaluate at that time. I could rarely get in to see her when I needed too. She lost test results. She wasn't listening when I did manage to get in to see her, and she obviously had not read my file when she took over the practice from my previous doctor, her predecessor.

So I found a doctor closer to home who not only listened to what I told her during our initial meeting, but I have yet to call and be told they can't fit me in, (they get me in within a couple hours of me calling) She is willing to work with me, and if I can afford to start going again, my chiro as well, plus fill out any paperwork I may bring her, or that she suggests I should look in to, and fired my old doctor. I'm just waiting for my current doctor to come back from Mat Leave at which time she wants to see me again to discuss a treatment plan going forward. (the condition is chronic, recurring, and will never improve or go away, but it can get worse.)

I'm glad you got rid of the other Doctor Trevor. I think I have a friend or 2 that may have seen her and the story is very similar to yours. Quality care is a struggle. I've been there fighting WSIB and we continue to struggle at times with my daughters arthritis treatments etc. Keep fighting for what's best for you.

Yes @scrimmy unfortunately you still need an Outdoors Card to hunt as the hunting licenses are not exempt at 65. I still had to buy an outdoors card after I turned 65 as it's required to go with my hunting license. My card has long expired which I won't renew as I no longer hunt with my bad knees. But for fishing no you don't need an outdoors card.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got rid of the other Doctor Trevor. I think I have a friend or 2 that may have seen her and the story is very similar to yours. Quality care is a struggle. I've been there fighting WSIB and we continue to struggle at times with my daughters arthritis treatments etc. Keep fighting for what's best for you.
Took me 4 of the 5 years I've been dealing with this to find another doctor. Thankfully I lucked into one. My wife's former doctor retired and her new doctor although not taking any new patients walking in off the street, took family members of current patients when she took over. It was about 6 months after she took over when I got the call she wanted to see me and was willing to take me on as a patient. Now instead of having a better than half hour drive, my doctor is literally 10 minutes away or less if the lights are all green.

That's the problem when your disability is there, but unseen. If they can't see it, they tend not to believe you and over look if not outright dismiss it. I never notice it, but apparently I walk with slight a limp I didn't know I had until it was pointed out to me during a job interview. First thing out of the interviewers mouth, "what's wrong with your back?" When I asked how he knew, he told me I have a bit of a limp that is indicative of one who has back and or hip problems.

I paid for 1 year so I could go ice fishing. You do not need an Outdoor card for fishing when you are 65.
I also had to buy a fishing license @Red Hering in Jan. of the year I was also turning 65 in April to take my daughter ice fishing. It doesn't become free until the date of your birthday so I just bought the 1 year. You can buy just a 1 day license for $16.34 if that's all you need but if you change your mind and want to go more you'll have to buy again so easier to just pay the 1 year sport license for $59.68 and be done with it. Also if your fishing license expires the same time as your Outdoors Card you will have to buy it as well. Sorry but you'll have to wait until 2021 to fish free buddy. ;) ?

Last edited:
When I got my 3 year at the beginning of last year, it cost me after taxes $102 and change. The one year was $33 and change after taxes. Did yours include hunting and fishing Bob for $60 for one year or was that just for hunting? (I haven't hunted for years, sold all my guns way back when the registry first came out and have no interest to start again now)

I'm not concerned about my license until midnight Dec 31 2020, but according to the summary this year, it's gone down a bit for Ontario Residents 3-year Sport Fishing Licence ($79.71) 1-year Sport Fishing Licence ($26.57) 3-year Conservation Fishing Licence ($45.21) 1-year Conservation Fishing Licence ($15.07) 1-day Sport Fishing Licence ($12.21) and the outdoors card is $8.57 before tax.

I also had to buy a fishing license @Red Hering in Jan. of the year I was also turning 65 in April to take my daughter ice fishing. It doesn't become free until the date of your birthday so I just bought the 1 year. You can buy just a 1 day license for $16.34 if that's all you need but if you change your mind and want to go more you'll have to buy again so easier to just pay the 1 year sport license for $59.68 and be done with it. Also if your fishing license expires the same time as your Outdoors Card you will have to buy it as well. Sorry but you'll have to wait until 2021 to fish free buddy. ;) ?
I don’t hunt and I have never hunted,so therefore I never needed to buy a outdoors card.As far as I know,once I turn 65 in April 2020,I will not need to buy a fishing license in 2020,unless I plan on going ice fishing sometime early in 2020 before my birthday in April,then I need to buy a fishing license.

I don’t hunt and I have never hunted,so therefore I never needed to buy a outdoors card.As far as I know,once I turn 65 in April 2020,I will not need to buy a fishing license in 2020,unless I plan on going ice fishing sometime early in 2020 before my birthday in April,then I need to buy a fishing license.
I don't hunt either Red, but I have to have an outdoors card to go with my fishin license.

I don't hunt either Red, but I have to have an outdoors card to go with my fishin license.
I am totally confused now @Trevor M and thanks for your help on this matter,but I need to call the Aylmer Ministry of Natural Resources sometime tomorrow if I can’t find out any information on this in the 2019 Fishing Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary.

Attachments

• 621779A0-772B-4FD9-B5CB-2C6FBCE919C5.jpeg
    621779A0-772B-4FD9-B5CB-2C6FBCE919C5.jpeg
    680.5 KB · Views: 1
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks