Off Topic FREE WEEKEND

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Hey everyone. Just a reminder that from Midnight tonight until Midnight Sunday it's another free weekend where you don't need a license to fish, and then the first week of July is the next time you don't need a license.

I was down to Burwell earlier today.

I don't think too many will be taking advantage of it until sometime Sunday. Water was incredibly high, the beach was the concrete pad with the picnic table by the parking lot, and the waves were crashing over the breakwall.

Fun wow...... no I didn't venture out. LOL

I won't be fishin this weekend either but if I were going to, I don't need to worry about my license til the end of next year.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to venture out on sunday with my wife. I hate to buy her a license, as she only fishes once in a blue moon.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to venture out on sunday with my wife. I hate to buy her a license, as she only fishes once in a blue moon.
IF my wife agrees to come with me, she'll only do it when it's a free weekend/week. She says it's not worth it to waste the $13 and change to get her a day license. BUT even when it's free, she tells me to go by myself more often than she agrees to come with me.

I hear you there. My wife and oldest daughter rarely go fishing with me and my youngest.

I am finding out, sadly, that I haven't gotten away with anything from my youth. :oops:

I hear ya. All those "minor" aches and pains I attributed to being just the result of "a hard days work," yeah turns out I was in a lot more trouble than I thought I was which has resulted in the back, hip, and shoulder problems I have today, simply because I didn't listen to my body or my doctors in my younger days.

There's a lot of things I used to be able to do that I no longer can that I took for granted, fishing from before sunrise to after sunset being one of those things. Although I can still get out and go fishing, not like I once could or for as long.

Do I actually need a license when I could qualify for the disability exemption. Answer is YES, because it's easier to pay for a 3 year license than it is to go through all that paperwork to get the exemption.

December 28th for me although I have bought one every year and since 1985 I have had a handicap plate and did not need to but one but I did anyway to support our fishery.

Trevor M if you have a handicap sticker for license to put on your dashboard that is all that is required to exempt you from needing a fishing license. You would have to carry a copy of the sticker while you are fishing.

Trevor M if you have a handicap sticker for license to put on your dashboard that is all that is required to exempt you from needing a fishing license. You would have to carry a copy of the sticker while you are fishing.

I don't. My old doctor (the one I fired) was more interested in protecting her reputation and license to practice than she was actually listening to or working with me, lost some important info that should be in my file, ie the MRI results, and wouldn't even discuss it when I brought it up.

My new doctor is willing to discuss that plus a few other things my old one wouldn't, but she's on maternity leave right now until September. Its just been easier for me since this happened 5+ years ago to just buy the license. Less BS that way.

Government sends the bad weather with heavy blow hard winds to stop free fishing weekend, lol They hate giving anything for free!!

I will be turning 65 years,(young-lol) next April 2020.My question is,should I renew my fishing license which expires on December 31,2019,and miss out on being able to fish from January 1,2020 till the end of April 2020 when I turn 65? Or just pay for a 1 year fishing license for the whole year in 2020? Or are there any other alternatives? Thanks in advance.????:)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks