Fort Erie - Is this Mecca for Brisket in Southern Ontario?

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
@Mrs. Stomp and I took another road trip to the Niagara Penisula. We had some good eats along the way and, based on the recommendation of family, bopped down to Fort Erie for a bite of brisket ahead of the drive home. We visited Matty Matteson's Meat+3 restaurant to sample his smoker wares. The restaurant is in a non-descript strip mall out of the way in Ft. Erie. We arrived a bit before opening. The smoker was fired up in the parking lot and being tended by a young man misting the meat contained within. We placed our order and waited just a few minutes before being called back in via bullhorn. The brisket sandwich tasted pretty darn good and the sauce and fixings were most excellent. We picked up a pound of brisket and some Cheetos-dusted macaroni for the kids back in Londontown. They are looking forward to dinner tonight. If you're a briskethead, and are in the neighbourhood, I would recommend a visit to Matty Matteson's.

20211126_115649.jpg20211126_121259.jpg20211126_121308.jpg20211126_160345.jpg

That's awesome, I need to make the trip.

He had a TV Show, "Dead Set on Life" funniest shit ever.

The Wife and I both split a gut over it.

Totally Agree here -he lives right next door to my son in law in Ridgeway near the cherryhill golf course , has a couple of cookbooks was an executive chef and is a great guy. His food is awesome including his brisket and his fried chicken if it isnt best ever is at least top 3 (next to Westcoast in Kincardine)!

Hey @stomp if you ever in St. Thomas you should try The Smoking Caboose BBQ

@Mrs. Stomp and I took another road trip to the Niagara Penisula. We had some good eats along the way and, based on the recommendation of family, bopped down to Fort Erie for a bite of brisket ahead of the drive home. We visited Matty Matteson's Meat+3 restaurant to sample his smoker wares. The restaurant is in a non-descript strip mall out of the way in Ft. Erie. We arrived a bit before opening. The smoker was fired up in the parking lot and being tended by a young man misting the meat contained within. We placed our order and waited just a few minutes before being called back in via bullhorn. The brisket sandwich tasted pretty darn good and the sauce and fixings were most excellent. We picked up a pound of brisket and some Cheetos-dusted macaroni for the kids back in Londontown. They are looking forward to dinner tonight. If you're a briskethead, and are in the neighbourhood, I would recommend a visit to Matty Matteson's.

View attachment 51996View attachment 51997View attachment 51998View attachment 52000
We brought home an order of Mac 'n Cheese which we had also heard was good. It's a totally different taste - I think it may be made with Velveeta or something like that, and topped with Dorito dust (even finer ground than crushed).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks