Forever chemicals detected in fish

Outdorman

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
More bad news about contamination in fish on Erie and Detroit and St Clair rivers..... from FOX 2 Detroit

contaminated fish

Ah well at least the fish aren't depressed -

A recent study found Niagara River fish are absorbing anti-depressants from sewage discharge. Other research determined this isn’t a good thing.
In the study Selective Uptake and Bioaccumulation of Antidepressants in Fish from Effluent-Impacted Niagara River, researchers from the State University of New York at Buffalo looked at both anti-depressant levels in the water and in fish samples.

Here is your answer as to the “2 beer a week” liberal idea.

Great new liberal tax on its way. We should feel ashamed of having a drink so,,, tax is more!

Almost a year to the date, government Liberal says a tax is coming. Then a year later, oooops. Booze be bad.

And Canadians will soak this tax up and grin and smile

More bad news about contamination in fish on Erie and Detroit and St Clair rivers..... from FOX 2 Detroit

contaminated fish
Same category of chemicals (PFOS/PFAS) contaminated Lake Niapenco at the Binbrook Conservation Area near Hamilton several years ago. Traced back to the use of firefighting foam agents at the fire training area at Hamilton Int'l Airport

Yeah, this tends to happen with these new products that have magical properties and work amazing at something… eventually there is a drawback.

Several states in the US have moved to ban those from food packaging (Maine, California) which slowly makes it effectively a ban across the country (since most businesses supply CA and will phase that out).

To my knowledge, those materials are commonly used in “grease proof” type containers for fried foods and I think for “non-stick” type coatings inside plastic containers for things like mayo, ketchup etc.

I am a bit of a nerd for the contaminants in water/fish topic and it’s pretty frustrating at times. I like to fish for keepers and it’s disappointing when the contaminants limits that.

I still eat Great Lakes trout etc… but I try to spread it out a bit! No one will make us follow those rules, but it is good to have the info so you can at least recognize that a dinner of rainbow and of perch are very different.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks