Fleas..

Dewworm

Any one notice fleas yesterday fishing..2 or 3 times I pulled in the riggers and my slider line did not clear the swivel due to fleas build up on the know for my leader..
Do you fish with straight line or do you use a leader for fishing eyes..I've always run floro leader to have more abrasion resistance..maybe with the fleas I should be running straight mono no leader

Yupper, way more than years past.

My rigger rod is mono so no leader, slider obviously is a leader.

Maybe use a slightly larger clasp for your slider.

My boat isn't really patient if nothing happens, changes are made.

That's probably why the fleas aren't building up as bad on mine. :)

Yupper, way more than years past.

My rigger rod is mono so no leader, slider obviously is a leader.

Maybe use a slightly larger clasp for your slider.

My boat isn't really patient if nothing happens, changes are made.

That's probably why the fleas aren't building up as bad on mine. :)
What lb test are you running for main line

@Dewworm... On my rigger rods I run 20# Sufix Tritanium Plus colypolomer mono with a 20# floro leader. When I wind in I find just giving the rod a good whip will usually shake the fleas off the line in Erie. Don't seem to bother the braid on the Dipsy rods.

Maybe I should just shorten the mainline leader to 6 feet...that way if the spoon gets caught up it's not a big deal...I use 15 big game for erie and 20 floro leader, for the teeth...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks