Flat of worms.

Mattgsxr

So went to get a flat of worms for my trip to the spanish river. The place I normally get them up in barrie was closed so called another bait shop in town. He told me the price went from $85.00 to $125.00 this year because of the covid stuff. Has anyone else seen or heard this or is it that I just got gouged. His response was the pickers can only put 4 people per van instead of 8.

Social distancing would make that seem possible. And I pick my own so I wouldn't be able to tell you the cost lol m

Lol. Maybe gouging. Maybe not. I have pictures I took of worm pickers getting done first thing in the morning. Packed like sardines and about 25-30 of them right in the middle of the pandemic.

I didn’t rat them out as thats not my thing. But they certainly didn’t seem to care. Maybe it was all the same family lol

cheers

herefishyfishy

So went to get a flat of worms for my trip to the spanish river. The place I normally get them up in barrie was closed so called another bait shop in town. He told me the price went from $85.00 to $125.00 this year because of the covid stuff. Has anyone else seen or heard this or is it that I just got gouged. His response was the pickers can only put 4 people per van instead of 8.
Just got.back from the Bay of Quinte this past week. 500(flat) of worms cost us $85 this year from our normal guy.
Went up $10 apparently cause of the cold spring we were told.
$125=Ouch I thinking

With beer being $56.00 (2.25 per can)a flat and 6 flats needed for two regular fishermen. The cost of worms even at $125.00 @ .25 per worm is a bargain. total cost of a typical week is $1800.00-$2800.00 door to door so how tight is your budget that $40.00 is make it or break it?
perhaps you could take some of the $300.00 that Justin is giving us for Covid expenses and subsidize your trip.
I guess you could try fishing with bare hooks and just concentrate on relaxing?
??

With beer being $56.00 (2.25 per can)a flat and 6 flats needed for two regular fishermen. The cost of worms even at $125.00 @ .25 per worm is a bargain. total cost of a typical week is $1800.00-$2800.00 door to door so how tight is your budget that $40.00 is make it or break it?
perhaps you could take some of the $300.00 that Justin is giving us for Covid expenses and subsidize your trip.
I guess you could try fishing with bare hooks and just concentrate on
I guess you could try fishing with bare hooks and just concentrate on relaxing?
??
Think you missed the point here pal.
Mattgxsr was just asking a question.
Guess we can't do that on this site.
Your response is the reason I left O.O.D. forum

Thanks for sticking up!! Just a question.
No worries pal.... These guys are everywhere I guess.
Morrieo is just a one off that I found on this site.
Just ignore him in the future!!!!!!
I'm hoping we never hear from him again unless he changes his attitude.
Just my thought

The lady we get worms from said that the worms are definitely up due to them not being able to pick. She charges $65 for 500. In London

Sorry Mattgsxr, I'd like to help but Morrieo told you what your drinking, where your staying, who to vote for, fish with bare hooks, how to relax and did your financing.

Your picture looks like a solid guy that is proud of a kids fish, and wants to get the best for the kids fishing. Good luck up there and deep cranks work really good too, other option than worms. Josh nailed it too. Lots of youtube videos to help you other than worms. Let us know how it goes and maybe by the time your home Morrieo will be relaxed. You'll will be fine, Morrieo I'm worried about.

Just buy some gulp worms! They work just as well and last 10x as long. Haven't used real worms for walleye in years...

Josh
Doubt it on the fake worms.I will pass on them.The bait guy in Bryanston is $40 and the guy in Windsor is $60 a flat

Doubt it on the fake worms.I will pass on them.The bait guy in Bryanston is $40 and the guy in Windsor is $60 a flat

Gulp is all I've used on any trips north for walleye and I have no trouble putting fish in the boat. They feel natural, look natural and have more scent and likely taste than a real worm. I'd have trouble believing they wouldn't fish just as well as a natural crawler, particularly dragging harnesses. Not that I ever bother dragging harnesses on Erie...

Josh

As another option, leeches can be easy to trap in many areas. Find a slow, weedy, soft bottomed area and throw in a simple leech trap overnight....

Josh

Jack's Live Bait in Delaware, not sure price this year but he's (Brian) always been fair for flats. I suggest call first, he's not always open.
Hey @stackman1 good to hear from you again since spring & Brian as you call him at Jack’s Live Bait in Delaware,which I thought his name was Rick,which I have called him forever by that name & he never corrected me that I was calling his name wrong.It’s not a big deal & perhaps you are right that his name is Brian,for you likely know him a lot longer than I do.I remember the “real Jack” that ran the live bait shop,& that was a long time ago.Just wondering & are there any walleye’s left in the thames river around the Delaware area? Likely residential walleye’s only now,if we can find them. All the Best & talk later my friend & tight lines!! ? ? ??

Attachments

• C559065F-0E9B-4231-9019-D5901CB0E6AB.jpeg
    C559065F-0E9B-4231-9019-D5901CB0E6AB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Hey Red Hering, you may be right, maybe Rick, not Brian, old gray matter getting tired, I knew his dad Jack also. Shows our age!! Just relaying that he has been real good to me over the years for flats of worms for northern trips. And that's a lot of worms.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks