Fishing trip Venice, Louisiana

Jimmy Riggin

I've been asked by several people to see Jimmy's pictures from his trip to Louisiana. So hopefully this works. Not bad for a first time. They took the striper down for the haul and gave it a whirl. Looks and sounds like they had a great time.
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda puts my Gulf of Mexico report to shame :D...
Great looking trip! Thanks for posting!

Maybe the resort in Mexico was better... but son of gun, looks like Jimmy had some fun down on the Bayou!

I went on the trip with Jimmy and it was truly amazing,for the first time fishing the area we were on the fish the whole time,navigating the Mississippi in zero visability fog was certainly a challenge,but had full confidence in Capt Jimmy, hope to be invited again , We will be going with much larger equipment next time, sure gave the Shimano Tekotas a work out

gotta love the the bayou coast , nawlins always been a favourite of mine. dammm good looking feed of mud bugs (crawfish). do you remember the platforms names you were at? the bigger one looks like eugene island 375? did you get any REDFISH while you were down there? great picks and many memeories from working the gulf coast. need to get back down there for some redfish and specks .

Jim, no it will never be the same.
Brian, we are fine tuning the details...hoping to offer a 6 night package with 4 days of fishing in March and April 2016.
Ryan, not as awesome as the pictures you got of Allen this year in net though. We are framing a bunch of them, thanks again!
Chefboyardee, it was the first time for me having crawfish and they were tasty. We didn't get any redfish, but we only did offshore fishing.
Not sure the names of the rigs we were fishing at and around, but we were out 65 miles.
Blackdog, The bigger the bait the bigger the catch. haha Ps. We have lots of minnows in stock still...

@Jimmy Riggin i woud bet my donuts on dollars that was EI375 just by the look of it, and 65 miles out. good 45 minute chopper ride out there . and the red snapper captial of the louisiana coast . can remember working out there and catching snapper in 300 ftw hauling them on deck to the BBQ and well doesnt get any fresher. i really miss those days . port fouchon LA is the armpit of the offshore game . but some damm good red fishing down there . gonna have to do a road trip now. DAMM you @Jimmy Riggin . lol looks like a blast , you ever got an empty seat going down there let me know im in .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks