Fishing Knots

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I'm always looking for new knots that are better and easier to tie for joining braid to mono or fluorocarbon. I generally use the double uni knot but was surprised to find out the GT knot is not only slightly more than twice as strong but in fact the strongest of all knots. Does anyone on here use or have used the GT knot?

Last edited:
I use the Albright knot for tying to the leader and the double uni knot for tying to mono backing

I use the Albright knot for tying to the leader and the double uni knot for tying to mono backing
I used the Albright for tying fluorocarbon to lead core and lead core to braid backing but changed to the Willis (aka the lead core knot) as it was twice as small and much easier to tie. There's several good knots but I will certainly give this GT knot a try when I rety everything for this coming season. I still like the double Palomar for tying to snap swivels or hooks.

@Wave Runner I’m not even sure why the name of the knot I use to tie to swivel. Just the same knot I’ve always used
The knots that I used to tie backing to braid, Braid to leader, braid to dipsy and
Mono or fluoro to leadcore
I had to YouTube videos on how to tie them

I've been using Alberto's knot to tie floro leaders to braid. Fairly easy to tie and very strong.

214.jpeg

Thats looks interesting, thank you for posting Wave Runner. There's a knot called FG knot. I use it for very long leaders, fluoro to braid in 6-10 lb range. it is a bit of work as well but worth the effort.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks